• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Money Smart (1 Viewer)

Your stable weekly income (as a student)

• < $50

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • < $100

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • < $150

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • < $200

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • < $250

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • > $300

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Umm....

Rent: $220
Petrol: $80
Public Transport: $35
Food: $90
Going Out: $80
Phone, Internet, Foxtel etc: $40
Misc expenses, clothes washing: $40

Total: $585pw

Works out I save around 35% of my income.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I work 4 days a week for an investment bank, and while techinically enrolled as a fulltime student, I'm only there 2 days a week, 3 days max but usually at night with the part timers.

jayz

walking
which investment bank do u work for? what do u fink of the long term trend for aussie dollar and interest rate?...and if u dunt mind, what type of investment strategy is ur firm taking atm? (international shares? bonds? options?)

thx

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'm not actually allowed to say who I work for... some work policy but staffers often referred to it as Massive Bank. But if you know you're Sydney CBD, it's located at Martin Place. I work in the FOREX offices but I'm just a office junior.... I run around the paperwork and messages. :D It's a gig to pay the bills, earns a bit of scratch, and gives experience for a resume aimed at getting into an economic policy role in a government department in Canberra.

And for a bank as large as the one I work for..... there's no way you are going to be able to get a straight answer for any questions.... it's a bank, we're almost as bad as insuarance companies.

t & co.

HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
I'm not actually allowed to say who I work for... some work policy but staffers often referred to it as Massive Bank. But if you know you're Sydney CBD, it's located at Martin Place. I work in the FOREX offices but I'm just a office junior.... I run around the paperwork and messages. :D It's a gig to pay the bills, earns a bit of scratch, and gives experience for a resume aimed at getting into an economic policy role in a government department in Canberra.

And for a bank as large as the one I work for..... there's no way you are going to be able to get a straight answer for any questions.... it's a bank, we're almost as bad as insuarance companies.
How did you get your job at this bank, if you don't mind me asking? 'Cos I'm interested in working in investment banking in the future.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
How I got my job, I knew a guy who worked there and managed to slip into a vacant position through a bit of luck and knowing the right people.....

and now after discovering that this bank epitomises everything that is soulless and wrong with the world.... because if a business locks of access to the rooftop of the building due to the occurance of employees suicide attempts.... the place obviously has problems..... and after realising that although I could do the job, I want to have a better life than that and I'm quitting.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:

would this bank happen to have a fair bit of yellow in its logo

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Mr Wiggle said:
would this bank happen to have a fair bit of yellow in its logo
Which bank? Not that one.

No, but the staff commonly refer to it as Massive Bank, and it's logo is a bit rounded than the commonwealths.... so if you know your bank logos, it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)