Molik (1 Viewer)

HSC
Enjoy it while it lasts. It's only a matter of time before the bubble burts. She won't get past the Yank #1, then her Dad will whisk her off to the moon or something. Hewitt is also on the way down, the Australian commentators will have to find some more pets for them to cradle with their sympathtic opinons.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
she was so good (meanwhile i cant believe i am in the sports thread this is sooo not me)
i hope she keeps it up!

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ahhh...i missed the match, cos i didn't know what time it was on. oh well...i know who won at least

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
she didnt win.

she is out.

beaten by whoever is the #1 chic- from US i think

so mad.

(i was referring to how she played the other day in my last post)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was hoping Molik would win :(

She's such a good sport though...she tried her best as well.

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
molik is on the way up... to b that close to beating the world no. 1 lindsay davenport n probably could of beat her if it wasnt for alot of bad line calls is definately not someone who is on the decline, not to mention beating venus williams in the 4th round!!!

Lleyton is great one to watch, his passion for his game is clearly seen, and thats something to admire and get the crowd n game going, yes he mite get carried away sometimes to the point of ppl saying he is unsportsman-like but its only coz he is so passionate n determined with the game...

they are both good role models n ambassadors for australia in their own way.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
WOW Alicia was amazing today. I thought she had got Lindsay cause she tends to lose these close matches (ala to Justine in '03 also 9-7 in the last set). Deffinetly a great effort by both players!!

The linesppl in aus suck! In Sydney they absolutley sucked and at here they are not much better.

Alicia has alot to be proud of. Shes deffinetly deserves her spot in the top 10.
I would wish her good luck in the doubles but I want Nastysa and Vera to beat her and Kuzzie :cool:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
moliks been on the radar for a while...jus none of u seemed to notice her till last yr sorta bad, known of her for a coupla years from the WTA :p ....wot can i say? im a tennis fan :cool:

shes a good ambassador 4 the sport, n so is hewitt...jus his way is different....

UNFORTUNATELY molik lost, a coupla dodgy decisions by those meant to b correct (both ways too, for molik n for davenport) etc etc obviously put her off a bit, but ohwells, shes got a career infront of her, jus b happy we actually got some1 who can play one on one with the top seeds n have them having to play their ebst to beat her (i.e. we got a good female tennis player whos come on form)

hewitts thru, n roddick is waiting for him, pity thou that roddick has had an easy trip to here, but then again if hewitt isnt tired from his previous games he might have the advantage of match practice, having to play at his limits n unda pressure etc etc....

we can only c n hope :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
That basically sums up the way I see Lleyton Hewitt on the court. Fantastic player with poor sportsmanship. God, he's an embarassment.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Molik to Hewitt. How Australian.

On Hewitt... What is a good sportsperson (or man in this case)? I can see no problem with Hewitt's actions. His aggression is all on the court (from what I can gather) and clearly channelled into improving his performance, and is that such a bad thing?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Hewitt's not a bad sportman ! Just because he gets aggressive and defends himself when he thinks the ref's made a bad call. He's not the ONLY player who does that. I like him. He's driven and passionate about winning, being #1, etc and so forth. You have to be like that to be the BEST. Federer on the other hand.. is not so aggressive. Thus, his loss tonight by Safin. Safin and Hewitt are similar in attitude.. both emotional players.

Watching Hewitt's game with Albandian.. however you spell it.. true, during the game he was all aggressive, yelling out, arguing, chuckin' a "C'monnn !!!!" etc.. but as soon as it was over, he shook hands with the ref and was on good terms w/ Albandian. Point is -- IT'S ALL PART OF THE GAME.

Molik vs Davenport -- so the world #1 won. at least molik didn't make it easy for her. she'll kick her ass next time !

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
dude, you took a break from this place and came back firing, i totally agree with just about every post you have made, you don't seem to be *pushing* your opinion on people at the moment, just stating it, thanks :)

i respect agassi because he is so polite and a fantastic player. i don't respect hewitt. i don't even see him as a great player. but i don't see too much of a problem with him firing himself up if it helps his game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)