Modules made my hand hurt. (1 Viewer)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I left today feeling really disappointed in my performance. Surprisingly, it wasn't because of my lack of knowledge - it was because my friggin hand couldn't write any faster.

Subsequently, i only did 4-6 pages per question. Compare it to the millions some of the other BoSers have done, i can't help but feel saddened and angry at my hand.

Anyone else take ages to write anything? How many pages did you end up doing?

Ryken

HSC
i was able to get enough pgs done
but now my thumb wont stop aching....damn thing
it even hurts to type

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
My hand went under some serious training in the weeks leading up to the exams. You have to take good care of it so that it takes good care of you. Knaw mean.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Yeah, my english teacher kept likening to a marathon - "You don't win unless you train!"

It got faster.. but not much.

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
i felt exactly the same way. i went in knowing all my texts but i just feel dissapointed, like i didn't write enough and my answers weren't as cohesive as what i normally churn out.

7 pages for frontline, 5 for hamlet/rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead, 6.5 for cloudstreet.

my hand is so sore and i have legal studies in the morning

jack white

After Hours
HSC
i only managed to do 5 pages for section 3. my hand just fell apart and the time just whittled down. i hate people who do two booklets for each section in 2 hours time. probably because i'm not one of them.

i did 11, 9, 5. can you see a pattern.
11 - hand hurts
9 - hand in pain
5 - excrutiating anguish, hand convulsing.

i also have legal tomorrow.

the hsc is making me whinge uncontrollably.

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
My hand was dying before I started the third essay, but I made sure to persevere and get through them. I did Cloudstreet last and only managed to squeeze out 7 pages. But I did 8 pages for the other two.

I'm glad it's over. And i'm glad I dropped Legal Studies. And HSC has that effect on people, don't you worry.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
jack white said:
i only managed to do 5 pages for section 3. my hand just fell apart and the time just whittled down. i hate people who do two booklets for each section in 2 hours time. probably because i'm not one of them.

11 - hand hurts
9 - hand in pain

Guilt trip/bribe/beg for someone to give you a hand massage or something, i know i am!

Good luck tomorrow, your fellow hand-whingers will be thinking of you

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
my hand literally did die. god at the end i was so thankful that it was finished! i could have really used a shoulder massage or a hand massage for they both we killing me! oh and my neck which is occasionally had to roll and rotate to keep it in place..lol

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I wrapped my middle finger with a band-aid, and the pen just glided through beautifully. I don't why but I also ran out of two pens, good thing I had four though!

khairi

HSC
Im going to bandaid up for any further exams. So many blisters.
And I was practically holding my desk up. The noises it was making as it threatened to collapse were disturbing for everyone, but there were no spare desks. Doh.

Garlic

HSC
b3nn said:
i felt exactly the same way. i went in knowing all my texts but i just feel dissapointed, like i didn't write enough and my answers weren't as cohesive as what i normally churn out.

7 pages for frontline, 5 for hamlet/rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead, 6.5 for cloudstreet.

Thats exactly what i thought!..i came out knowing that what i wrote wasnt as good as i thought it coulda been.. i did:

Hamlet/RosnGuil- 6 pages
Speeches (BLAH!)- 7 pages
Power play 1984 - 5 pages

By the end of the powerplay essay you could only read the first 2 letters of every word..then it kinda got like a line..oh well have fun markers..lol

dr3amy

I feel the same. But the thing was it wasnt just that i couldnt write faster, half way through my first essay i couldnt really write at ALL. it took me soo long to write a word because my hand was just stiff and rigid...sooo annoying!!

quilly

ouch!!

my hand possibly wont know such pain until ancient on the 1st. everything untill then is science or maths.

ham/RosenGuil - 5 pages (hand froze up)

cloudstreet - 6 (i remembered that i had another essay to go and my hand decided to take a stop work meeting)

frontline - 5 ( if my hand had the energy it would hae throttled me, as it was my other han decided to exact revenge by hitting my mate)

good luck to all!

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
im lucky..i have good stamina..**thinking smilie**
ive typed my essays out on the comp..not written..and then last ngiht i decided to write them out 4 the 1st time..for th4 timelimit practice...worked perfectly..went in 2day and well i wrote

A - 10
B - 8
C - 10

im a leftie and so my whole arm hurts as i have to push my hand across the page..rather than drag...my shoulder is limp..i hav like a blister/lump on the side of my middle finger which actually started to bleed through at the start of my last essay..Mod B..
im overall happy in what i churned out..twas alright i guess..i do have sympathy for those that have legal 2moro!..good luck guys!
next i have maths..then bio..and then modern & business where i will have to write again..:(

i htink i owuld have less pain if i chopped my hand off with a hacksaw without anaesthetic. fuck.

chamelia

HSC
I have a huge ass blister growing on my pinky from dragging across the page and one of my fingernails is turning purple...

its freaking me out and wont go back to normal gah

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
me hand's bones were literally crcking by the third essay ;_; It ached so much I thought I wouldn't be able to write any further... And I forced it... which got so really worse... but it's all good... it's the hsc...

All in all, hate modules...

aurora

b3nn said:

i feel sorry for u, n anyone who's got more than one exam a day. u'd feel like u've lost an arm after da exam.

misfit_87

HSC
By the end of that exam I felt as though my hand was going to fall off. I already had had two exams earlier in the week so I've been trying to write faster so I get more down in the amount of time and although I was able to write 7 pages for each question doesn't mean my hand wasn't hurting right to the end.

jack white said:

11 - hand hurts
9 - hand in pain

I'm in the same boat as you. I also have legal tomorrow. That's another three hours of writing, damn. My hand is gonna hurt really bad. Well at least I have the weekend to have a break from writing.

hayley232

HSC
Aww i feel so so sorry for all you guys that have an exam tomorrow! im so exausted and don't even want to think about studying until tomorrow, good luck to all of you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)