Module C: Texts and Society (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
individuals and personal experience: was a what the question.. but i still wrote 9 pages on stuff about different institutions in society and how they effect society..pretty easy!!

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
lol i cant remember what was in it now..

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i think ths is really easy to understand, i did only 10 pages though and i had used Raw, and i chose tupac shakur song lyrics, and the movie dangerous minds as related text of my own...

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
danieljarvis said:
DID ANYONE ELSE DO A SPEACH FOR EDUCATING RITA?

it said make an address.. so i took that as a speach!!! but no1 else i know did :(

ohhhh dear

i wrote an essay for some unknown reason.. it might have been do either speech, report, presumption... i dunno

danieljarvis

HSC
hsvd_g said:
i wrote an essay for some unknown reason.. it might have been do either speech, report, presumption... i dunno
im hoping it was our own interpretation with no write or wrong method of response... HOPING anyways

Danoz The Great

HSC
I found this question pretty difficult.
I started it last and I didn't finish either, I had written about 'Raw', but I was only half way through my first ORT. :(

Oh well, I'm really bad at english and all up I think I've done a lot better than I expected too.

johnny_87

HSC
Hoping for 17+. Got 14 in the CSSA trial and only used 1 related text, so should improve by a few marks this time.

The question was ok. It allowed you to argue either for or against institutions which wasgood to see. Through Raw, I argued they can be positive, but through 'A Weight of Thistledown' and 'The Strain of Being Acceptable' (Leunig), I argued how they can also be negative.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i just did some kind of weird response. not exactly an essay, not a report, not a speech.. hmm... OMG damn lol. i didnt even regard the title through the whole thing.

HSC
I thought this was the hardest question of the exam. But I still managed to write a reasonably lengthy response.
Good paper I think. Better than Monday's by far.

veronique <3

HSC
In my opinion i found module C the best. we do "Into the World" and the question 'present your views on growing up and making transistions into society' was pretty good and staright forward, you could put ur own opinion too and just crap away... It allowed for you to just elaborate on a lot of points the text makes.

:)

overall though the exam was a challenge; especailly the time factor, again=( but i think i managed to pull through okay.

chick_pea

danieljarvis said:

it said make an address.. so i took that as a speach!!! but no1 else i know did :(

ohhhh dear
i thought an address was a speech... the other people are wrong.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I think I did better in this module than in the others. I wrote 8 pages on Raw, American Beauty, photos from this collection, and the Magdalene Sisters.

K6266

HSC
An address = speech

danieljarvis said:

ohhhh dear
Definitions of address on the Web:

speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"

It was right to do a speech, thats what I did. :)

smithica

HSC
no body was wrong....that means we all win, it didn't specify how you wrote it un like module b where it was a speech or web page.............., thats a good thing then, like i said no bodies wrong, u could have done and essay a report, a letter a speech, watever got the message accross, it was our own interpretation entirely

smithica

HSC
oh and that 'address' thing was just meant to be taken as a title of the writting peice, you didnt actually have to take it literally unless that was the form you wished to present it in, lol

and speaking of 'addressing' matters, you can address matters anyway you like, even a song if it took your fancy or maybe an interpretive dance (not that it would apply to this in any way......)

Last edited:

Haks

HSC
does anyone remember the exact question for module c: into the world?

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
I wrote a speech.
I found this question quite good...I dont know why but even in my trials I loved this module. My text was State of Shock and for my relateds I did the film Girl Interrupted and then babbled about some articles on detention centres that we had looked at in class. I feel the same way about this response as I did for my Ecosystems essay in Geography...and that is: I feel as though I wrote really well and answered the question...although lets just wait til the results come back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)