Module C - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

D

d00d

Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Well, I chose to depict real power as the power of the mob, and revolved my article around that. Seeing that the power of the mob wasn't obvious when I started the module, I could fit it in pretty well, discussing how there were other types of powers, but in the end it was the powerplayers that could control the mob to the greatest extent that succeeded. Good question, in my opinion.
yep did exactly what u did, but still not too sure if its the right point of view to take. my supp material really lent towards how politics use rhetoric to manipulate the crowd coz the real power is in the mob, even tho it might not be obvious.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
Is there any difference:confused:?
feature has to have a byline i think.. and some subjective or persuasive language?

Bel

i thought the whole paper was really good
i wrote that the power appeared to be with caesar brutus and antony but the real power resided with the people and it fitted with all of my supp. texts (crucible and bubbles by system of a down)

jaNetix

ok the statement didnt work for my related texts
so i had to do some crazy changing in them.....offt....my J.C was good for it tho...
i took abt 50 mins to write that one..

my in the wild suffered badly due to powerplay!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
feature has to have a byline i think.. and some subjective or persuasive language?
I have no idea. I though they were the same:(.

Ribbon

the question didn't go with my texts at all really, so I kinda challanged the statement (my heading was 'real power is obvious?!) and used the fact that I could recognise the powerplay in my texts as being that it was obvious...

I don't know how the markers will react to that, I think its gonna be a bit of a gamble but heres hoping it works out all right.

tempco

HSC
Hmm... I think I didn't address the audience as much as I was supposed to, apart from the person I was featuring in my article (a HSC marker), and a little reference at the end about the HSC. Bad move... >_<

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Hmm... I think I didn't address the audience as much as I was supposed to, apart from the person I was featuring in my article (a HSC marker), and a little reference at the end about the HSC. Bad move... >_<
I did not mention audience anywhere, I did not have enough time to structure my response at all. I was just writing whatever came into my brain:rolleyes:.

haz_it_all

Originally posted by Merethrond
There was no "HOW" anywhere in the question:).
the question was 'You have been asked to contribute an article to an educational supplement for HSC students about the way texts represent Powerplay' this includes techniques.......u shuld really be talking about techniques in all ur modules

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Discuss it here
It was okay, I guess. it's not tricky but it wasn't easy either. I have to 'sculpture' the information that I know to fit around it.

sneaker

i spoke about how Brutus and Cassius have the real power over Caesar and the people, and also was able to show how Antony and the people have the real power to inflict pain onto cassius and brutus, along with Caesar's ghost

additional material was so stuffed though!

eeyore

Yeah the question didn't really fit with my additional texts because power was really obvious in them..

leeraff

HSC
ahha....was i bit a struggle to work it around....had to try and remember some other stuff i hadnt prepared. PLus being the last question didnt help....was disappointed too...had a good feature article heading prepared too, and wat did they do give us one :(

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
the question was 'You have been asked to contribute an article to an educational supplement for HSC students about the way texts represent Powerplay' this includes techniques.......u shuld really be talking about techniques in all ur modules
You are right, sorry:).

vegeta_316

If you show your understanding of the Module and elective statements in your essays in a clear manner you can't go wrong.

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
i took one look at q and after inital 2 minutes of sheer cant-breathe-heart-pounding-oh-my-god terror i realised that it actully was perfect 4 me. *big kiss to question writer*

Act 2 Sc2 ( the only one i actully was awake 4) calpurnia and ceaser. so ceasers the hot shot on campus-most powerful man in the world at that time. hes about to be killed for being so bloody powerful. and what happens? his wife (who is barren) manages to manipulate him and gets him to stay home! then decuius comes along, and also manages to control and manipulate ceaser. so although ceaser should be all mighty, he is in reality kinda weak. and also discussed alot on manipulation-cuz not always obvious whos pulling strings

my protfolio was harder...i had all this stuff on propaganda...
my portfolio material...god i hope my marker doesnt hate yanks :p i had the american pledge of alligience (mass propaganda to instill patriotic feelings in kids-very subtle and not really that obvious because so accepted by american people-however looking at it from an outside view its really really strange-having to stand and face the flag with hand over heart and recite the pledge every single day?? ) and my other portfolio was an anti war poster-and here i said how sometimes powerplay was obvious-cuz poster so strightforward and obvious.

umm techniques? was that like color choice for poster? and like maniupulation, compromise, pleading, commanding of calpurnia?

well u know what...its over...screw it!

as william wallace said (in my other portfolio material taht i ran out of time and didnt include :( )

"they may take our lives, but they'll never take....our FREEEDOOOMMMMMMM"

no more english!!! :)

anastabation

I was disapointed because I didn't know how to implement defiant features of an article well enough, even though I knew what they have (persuade reader, formal language, urge to read on, short simple sentences, rhetorical questions) I found it hard to use short sentences with something as broad and complex as powerplay. And why would a composer "persuade" a bunch of year 12 kids....they are doing the course anyway! I thought it was crap how they made us use this, they were just trying to make sure we didnt write 3 essays. I basically talked about how the party has unobvious power through newspeak ect, the destruction of words and restriction on expression is not obvious as it is done over time, but it is REAL power as it allows them to control thought and the future.

I was worried because I didn;t have time to talk about Winstons relationship with O'brein (15 mins to go and hadn't mentioned my supplementrys), but I put my main quote "winston clung to obrien like a baby, curiously comforted by the heavy arm around his shoulder. He was feeling as if Obrien was his protector, and that the pain was coming from outside, some other source, and obriend would protect him from it" on the back of the frount cover of my booklet when i planned my essay (i was worried i'd forget it) so hopefully the marker puts that into account./

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
that question was too biased.......cuz my supp texts were against it...while JC was for it...... it was my shittest english resposne ever....... good timing too.......but the question was just so outta foucs...too narrow..

anastabation

My supps showed a different perpective on unobvious power (ie, the hurricane from the movie, the hurricane) but then showed how 1984 was able to defeat this with their interventions, propaganda ect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)