Module B Slessor opinions? (1 Viewer)

CeeJaii

HSC
This is really late but I only just thought of it whilst going over my Slessor notes. Does anyone know anything about the "opinions " of other people we're meant to have on slessor and his work and if so where I may be able to locate some?

Thankyou in advance <3

z-trip

HSC
if your talking about the different readings of slessor then you should have some idea of the main ones (modernist, romantic, slessor as a sydney poet/post colonial, gender) i think thats them. and you should be able to say some critics names for each reading : judith wright, kate lilley etc. i cant really remember who goes with who without looking at my notes, but i think lilley is gender and wright modernist

hope that helps :)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
you're not meant to centre your responses on readings. Its about applying the reading so that it enhances your own viewpoint. Otherwise whats the point of putting it in? Make sure you don't try and just provide shopping lists of these people because otherwise, they are essentially useless.

Critics i have used are Howarth, Vivian Smith, Frances Matthews, Adrian Caesar, Paul Grover. I didn't worry so much what viewpoint it was "modernist" or whatever but more so what they had to say and HOW THAT HAS INFLUENCED MY PERSONAL RESPONSE.

CeeJaii

HSC
Thanks!! That made so much more sense. I'm less freaked now!!

elliotkool

HSC
yeah you shouldnt base your argument on others opinions
but one definitely worth adding is Leigh Dale, because she's got this mad feminist opinion
and considering its the module is about critical texts..can talk about how understanding other opinions has helped you examine the poems in a different point of view/angle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)