Module B Hate Thread (1 Viewer)

annie-louise

HSC
So so so f**ked for Yeats. The unlikeliness that they would specify, and then they specified the one poem i knew nothing about/is the hardest to understand?
Im so flippin pissed. Bullshitted the whole thing. Incredibly unfair...
So much dam hate for the Board of Studies...

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
That's exactly what I did! Thanks for making me feel better haha

Galladrim

HSC
it asked how it informed our "judgement of the play as a whole" - You can't show understanding of the whole play if you don't quote other scenes, or at least make reference to them. You weren't restricted to evidence that was only within the very last scene.
+1

The Cloudstreet question was good, because the ending extract really tied up the novel as a whole anyway, so it wasn't challenging to integrate into the response.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I did Yeats' and I was really lucky that I studied Among School Children in depth, so I was fine! If luck was against me, I could have easily got screwed over.

Exotic

HSC
What BOS is doing this year is cracking down on prepared essays. They want us to study all year and when you sit the exam they give you a suprise, a question thats not generic. Hamlet was a really big suprise this year and im not sure if i linked the extract well enough with the other parts of my essay.

CandiceSuede

HSC
Massively had to spend reading time learning how to spell Aung San Suu Kyi :(

mp1

HSC
tbh though it wont matter if everyone does crap...lets just be happy that theres no more english left :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I had to bullshit in order to write enough... gahhh I disagreed with the question :L
and then I never referred to the closing statement

nevertheless, hoping for at least a raw mark of 10-12/20 for this essay

Bobbo1

HSC
It wasn't that bad,
all you had to do was say TO SOME EXTENT the ending affects our judgement, but it is the textual integrity and overall unity of the speech that affects our judgement the most, and then basically you write your prepared essay, and just analyse the Suu Kyi extract as if it was comprehension from paper 1 :)
tis was what i did, noble Hamlet!

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I did Hamlet. Although it was specific, I really enjoyed it to be honest lol. I had broad enough themes that I could adapt it...because the ending says so many things about the themes anyway.

But then again, I'm not sure if I expressed myself that well. Usually I do worse than think, whenever I think I do well.
I basically said how the theme of Revenge intertwines with the Mystery of Death (there were indications of these themes), and stated how they reflected the imbalance within the great chain of being, etc.

amour

Female
HSC
It was fucked.

To actually answer the question properly required SO much bullshitting, especially for Speeches and the poems...
it was pretty adaptable and dare i say, easy, if you did harwood for mod B

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I had to bullshit in order to write enough... gahhh I disagreed with the question :L
and then I never referred to the closing statement

nevertheless, hoping for at least a raw mark of 10-12/20 for this essay
Mate you'll be alright. Hopefully because it was a hard question, they will drop the bands, and align your/ our mark to a higher one. Why couldn''t they do easy questions like previous years? And the thing was, that section they focused upon - it was the only part i never read.

HSC
Uni Grad
Mate you'll be alright. Hopefully because it was a hard question, they will drop the bands, and align your/ our mark to a higher one. Why couldn''t they do easy questions like previous years? And the thing was, that section they focused upon - it was the only part i never read.
I still ended up writing 5 pages for that question, since I completely disagreed with what the question was asking :L
I think the standards would be somewhat lower but if the avg is a 10 then itll get aligned to 15.

nevertheless I have come to know that every year from 2009 they will do something to fuck up english.

herbs1

HSC
It doesn't matter, because all the berks who did got fucked by the q.

amour

Female
HSC
I memorized for mod B. I was lucky enough that one of the poems I memorised was the specified one. Then basically I molded my essay so there was constant comparison between that poem with my other two poems.

herbs1

HSC
I memorized for mod B. I was lucky enough that one of the poems I memorised was the specified one. Then basically I molded my essay so there was constant comparison between that poem with my other two poems.
ok good stuff junior. But I really don't give a shit?

mahir

HSC
it was easy 2 bullshit for it, that being said it was a stupid question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)