Module A: Compartive Study of Texts and Context (1 Viewer)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Not too bad actually. It's broad so it's all good =)

Karla Renae

HSC
Aggrrhh

carlzishere said:
did anyone think though, about the whole bit of "sustain interest" that it was weird for Hamlet and R&G? I didn't think that any of it sustained interest in the values rep'd in Hamlet... ? I said that it didn't sustain interest in the values, but developed them or some such thing (can't remember exactly)...

I'm so glad someone else though this. Weren't the values present in R and G and Hamlet different? How was R and G ment to sustain interest? I think i pretty much went with the same i said the values had been "transformed" to suit the different contexts of the audiences.

Leesa Moochie

good questions...

im so glad the questions were straight forward - usually i have no idea what theyre asking!! and that they were plain essays...aaahhh...no stupid 3 person transcripts like in our trial!! .... btw is anyone else planning 2 have a bonfire? ...die english!!

miawallace

we did malouf and ww and i hated the question. something about "sustaining interest in nature" i was on 4 hours sleep and i can barely think if i havent had 8 so i think i blew it. i had no idea what it meant.

soul_guardian

HSC
I thought this question was very straigforward and suited my preapred essay:p

Darkhors3

HSC
LostAuzzie said:
Basically generic, I wrote about transforming the play to be better understood by the modern audience thus making ideas accessible, maintaining interest
And I related values to context. This was my best essay although it took me the longest (50min)
It this correct? Cause thats the line i followed, dont think i addressed actual values however... A couple of examples if anyone cbf :p

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm so happy with my essay...I had one all planned up that I practiced the night before that just happened to be about the messages of Emma being upheld in Clueless, the Board did me a favour and just happened to throw out a question on values! I finished Module A in 30 minutes, which was great as I only just made time with Lear (which I did last.)

HSC
*caramel adele* said:
i am much happy wit dis question...
exactly what i studied and could incorporate the way
in which heckerling has transformed Austen's technqiues
into film...
pretty confident :)

just glad its over with
did clueless and emma, i guess this question works pretty well with the transformation of values, finally a question that is straightforward and understandable~!

looking forward to a bonfire de grand after all this!!

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I thought it was nice and easy... If you weren't prepared for values it could have been hard... but I studied 2 and ended up getting another in there, so I was happy. And easy to link context to the values- changing context makes them interesting to a modern audience!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i showed it through the values and its references to things that one can relate to

Perry

Ahhh i'm freaking out, the question never specified that you had to write an essay so i wrote a speech because i felt i could do a better job tackling the question using that form... am i screwed?

Edit: Forgot to mention that i done Emma/Clueless :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pixydust*

timbk2 said:
So how did you go? what were your thoughts on the exam?
well im hearing all this talk that if you didnt answer the question you can 't get more than 12/20!!! Im worried about that now - i did Pardoner and A Simple Plan - ai!!! i just basically said that he sustains interest in the values because they both address inherent qualities of the human nature which have remained unchanged over time - and by ommitting any representations of theology - my last idea was really crappy and didnt really adress the question. do you reckon ill be okay for that?

Ashe

HSC
I did Throwim Way Leg and the Golden Age (in the wild). It was straight forward, it was great.

miapants

HSC
Perry said:
Anybody? I've been worried for days!
why would you write a speech in the first place? the syllabus isn't explicit about anything, but the fact that you're required to write an essay is implied. the only reason why they ask for any other text type is to add an extra layer of testing to the exam. if they don't specify a text type, you write an essay. i don't know if you're screwed per se, but what the hell, dude? that is one of the most random things i've heard about this exam so far, congratulations.

miapants

HSC
Ashe said:
I did Throwim Way Leg and the Golden Age (in the wild). It was straight forward, it was great.
and are you guys saying that you wrote about transformations which aren't even in the syllabus? or are these different modules? because if it is transformations, again, WHAT THE HELL? did you guys just not go to class at all, and decide that you know simple plan songs more than the set texts?

also, don't listen to simple plan. that earmarks you as a noob. don't be a noob

Perry

miapants said:
why would you write a speech in the first place? the syllabus isn't explicit about anything, but the fact that you're required to write an essay is implied. the only reason why they ask for any other text type is to add an extra layer of testing to the exam. if they don't specify a text type, you write an essay. i don't know if you're screwed per se, but what the hell, dude? that is one of the most random things i've heard about this exam so far, congratulations.
Well basically i felt more comfortable approaching what had been asked using a speech form.. and since it never specified i thought hey why not....

Perry said:
Well basically i felt more comfortable approaching what had been asked using a speech form.. and since it never specified i thought hey why not....
As long as you're confortable with it, then dun worry, besides, there is nothing you can do about it now :cool: dun worry, im sure that you did well.

But yes the question wal excellent! Thank god it was broad and didn't specify one little point from the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)