Modern trial....what should I be studying? (1 Viewer)

aurora_05

HSC
Alright so I have my trial on Monday and my teacher hasn't really given me any direction of what I should expect from this exam. I know there's going to be stuff on the war which unfortunately isn't counting towards my weighted score which sucks because I actually know it well! Anyhow...
I studied Russia and that and I know I've gotta know Trotsky for my personality study, but what else am I supposed to study for that? I was thinking along the lines of Stalin vs. Trotsky and the power struggle, Stalin's policies, and industrialisation, but what else?
Also, for Indochina what exactly am I supposed to know? Are most questions generally based on American involvement and their strategies? Or what else? Should I expect a question of some sort on Cambodia?
I'm just so lost! ugh! Any help would be much appreciated...

hopey989

HSC
Well, the exam structure is the same, but i do different options so i cant help ya there

Anyways, the world war one stuff is pretty simple, jus know the basics, and you should be fine. for your national study/personality, theres a choice of two questions for the national study, and two parts for the personality (basically, narrative of personality 10marks...and an analytical response 15 marks, thats just an analysis of the personality's influnce basically, you can prepare these onwes pretty safely. The study of peace and conflict is a choice of two extended response, and thats basically got to do with your content

Hope that helps

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
For world war one, you dont need lots of detail but you need to have a really good understanding of events and changing attitudes moods etc, total war, attrition etc. Continuity and Change.

National Study- learn quotes from historians. Its really useful because then all the events are in ur head and you can centre them around the events. Most of the US questions are always on effectiveness of policies and stuff so that works well for me, when I study

Persoanlity- 20 really easy marks, esp the first 10 since it is ALWAYS describe question, so everyone should get at least 8/9/10.

Conflict Study- pretty straight forward, peace and conflict..hahaha

HayleeKate

HSC
aurora_05 said:
Also, for Indochina what exactly am I supposed to know? Are most questions generally based on American involvement and their strategies? Or what else? Should I expect a question of some sort on Cambodia?
NO! Australia has almost no relevance to this study, you wont get a question specific to Australia, EVER. Depending on how much Cambodia you've done you may get a question on it. There should be an option between 2 questions, you wont get both on Cambodia so if you dont know it, pick the other one.
I'd suggest concentrating on how the policies of North Vietnam and South Vietnam both contributed to the excalation of the war, and the different tactics of each (and US) in the war.. reasons for success and failure. Also civilians role/effects on civilians. If you havent finished the topic yet, cut out whatever you havent done of those. Thats going off my class and past questions, maybe not relevant to yours, no promises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)