Modern History or Economics (1 Viewer)

tryhard1232

HSC
Which one has better scaling, aligning?
Which subject is more interesting and difficulty?
My history teacher is encouraging me to do Modern History cs I got a good half yearly mark.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Eco is the better performer in terms of scaling etc, although it is all individual with regards to how interesting the subjects are.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Which one has better scaling, aligning?
Which subject is more interesting and difficulty?
My history teacher is encouraging me to do Modern History cs I got a good half yearly mark.
Economics scales better, though it is personal preference as to which one is more interesting .

albertcamus

HSC
Modern is virtually the same in terms of scaling if you get above 91-ish and above 95 it's the same. Since the scaling is carried out afresh every year, with subjects that have such similar scaling, you can't say that one scales better.

er15

HSC
I did both subjects and came first in my year for Modern History

Personally I found Economics quite interesting especially from Year 11 to Term 1 of 2012. However, our teacher retired after Term 1 of Year 12 and we got a replacement. She was good but wasn't quite interesting or made the subject as interesting as before. But nonetheless the subject itself may or may not interest you, I did find how certain aspects affects the economy pretty interesting though.

Modern History in my opinion was always interesting, as we did Russia, Leon Trotsky (Personality) WW2. They were quite interesting topics, but not everyone does the same topics. The only compulsory topic everyone does for Modern History is WW1. And for the HSC exam WW1 is also used to judge in terms of Essays from different topics. For example say Russian Question in the HSC has lower marks than the German Question. They would then look at the WW1 to judge whether the Russian Essay was harder than the German one, which would led to them adjusting the marks.

But interesting subjects both of them. If you're good at writing Modern should be good for you, and if you are interested how some changes or even big changes affects the economy as a whole it should also be good for you.

Best regards. :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)