Modern Hiso? (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
hey guys . . .im thinkin of doin modern history . . { redoin hsc @ tafe} jus wonderin . .
whats modern history about?!? is it Intersting? find it boring? i know its ultimately up to the ind. but just outta curiousity. . .

jennylim

HSC
go for it if you are really into loads of hard work and painful, painful essay writing. lol...ok i LOVE it. u have to do WWI as a core, and then a national study and a conflict study. we're doing germany and the conflict in the pacific.

...but it's a shitload of work, at least 3 or 4 units worth, and crap scaling. very fun, but don't say we didn't warn u!!

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
really !! i thought modern hiso = good scaling ..! gee thanx dude ! =p *ponders

rama_v

HSC
If you have an interest in history and are willing to work hard, I think its really worth it... You get a lot of knowledge and by doing it you automatcially improve your essay writing skills and get better at strucuturing arguments, overall a lot of it is very interesting although I suppose it depends on the topics you pick. We did Germany as a national study and the UN as peacekeeper, which is quite easy and quite interesting too...

AJohnston1121

HSC
I love my history that much that I want to teach it. I have good teachers for both Ancient/Extension History and Modern History. Both have a great in-depth knowledge of the topics we do and also they make the lessons fun. So not only is it the ind. its also the teacher that makes the difference. I enjoy Modern cause I like to look at events Political and its the easiest to look at well because its modern :p

:) But its a good interesting subject. I've heards its alot better then to what it use to be :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
jennylim said:
go for it if you are really into loads of hard work and painful, painful essay writing. lol...ok i LOVE it. u have to do WWI as a core, and then a national study and a conflict study. we're doing germany and the conflict in the pacific.

...but it's a shitload of work, at least 3 or 4 units worth, and crap scaling. very fun, but don't say we didn't warn u!!
I'd have to disagree with the shit scaling comment. Look at it relativly, for a 2unit subject, the scaling is pretty good... much better than most of the other arts and humanities, (ie. Ancient History, Drama, Vis. Art, etc.), remember its not an extension subject so you really cannot expect amazing scalling from it like with EE1 and 2.

I found Modern to be alot of understanding concepts, learning (and practicing) tecniques for writing perfect exam essays (a good blend of argument, detail, and a well structured answer). But it was easily one of my favourite subjects and I genuinly enjoyed WW1, Germany and particularly our personality study and the in class discussions. Modern is a subject where you have heaps of different opinons in the room, and so normally a pretty lively class... its an opinionated subject IMO.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I found Modern to be alot of understanding concepts, learning (and practicing) tecniques for writing perfect exam essays (a good blend of argument, detail, and a well structured answer). But it was easily one of my favourite subjects and I genuinly enjoyed WW1, Germany and particularly our personality study and the in class discussions. Modern is a subject where you have heaps of different opinons in the room, and so normally a pretty lively class... its an opinionated subject IMO.
i agree, history is awesome and enjoyable...and even if u havent done hist in yr 11 it wont kill u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)