modern example of natural selection (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
process and analyse information from secondary sources to explain a modern example of ‘natural’ selection

i just realised i havent done this dot point well enough does someone have any suggestions about what i can do? do you think the CSU website has enough for it?

thanks

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
u can use human as the selecting agent... human want to breed cows with more meat, more milk, and eat less... therefore, the cows with those characteristics are "selected" by a specific environment...

therefore, several generations later, those characteristics will be common among population (thx to the excellent breedin program prepared by humanity, now we have a historical low gene pool for any species but human)...

*~HuTcHo!~*

HSC
i have the same dot point that i have to do 4 an assignment, i just read the article about a woman growing a penis, and then in the same thread about a biological parent is not the mother of her child. it talks about chimera-ism (two non identical twind being formed in the womb but forming into one being)

would this be an example of natural selection (i dont think so because its not selected) or more an evolutionary concept??

what if we all becom chimera's and all us one pps become two?

...u see where im going with this...good coz i dont ;p lol

xx stacey xx

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
*~HuTcHo!~* said:
i have the same dot point that i have to do 4 an assignment, i just read the article about a woman growing a penis, and then in the same thread about a biological parent is not the mother of her child. it talks about chimera-ism (two non identical twind being formed in the womb but forming into one being)

would this be an example of natural selection (i dont think so because its not selected) or more an evolutionary concept??

what if we all becom chimera's and all us one pps become two?

...u see where im going with this...good coz i dont ;p lol

xx stacey xx
No it wouldn't be an example of natural selection. Unless there is an advantage of being an chimera, which can then allow them to survive better and reproduce. (Obviously this is not the case since chimerism is rare).

I don't get what you mean by the second questions of "all of us one people become two". If chimera becomes dominant in the population, it may suggest that they have a certain evolutionary advantage than non-chimera. One individual can't "become" two as such..

foofoo_16

HSC
You could do the resistance of Staphyloccocus Aureus (golden staph) to antibiotics or Peppered Moths as they became resistant to a chemical called DDT that was first introduced to kill them.

pink668

HSC
i am using the peppered moth example. is that considered modern? prior to industrial revolution, white peppered moths more prevalent. however, after industrial revolution, lichen became black with soot so the black peppered moths had more advantage. and thus, became more prevalent.
is that a valid example?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)