Moderate muslims? (1 Viewer)

Loudvicuna

HSC
@Drsoccerball, if God punishes mankind with natural disasters like earthquakes did he also punish the dinosaurs during the jurassic period for their sins? lol

Last edited:

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Pls respond to everything he's said ITT lol, he's posting solid facts but getting none in return
I have a life. I'm not going to waste my time arguing against someone who has no knowledge of Islam and has a sole purpose of getting reactions from muslims.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Define what you mean by radicalization because the non practising Muslim's consider the practising one's to be radicalised while practising Muslim's identify people who take things out of context radicalised.
Of course it is not because one is a practising Muslims that make you radicalised, otherwise the percentage would be obviously higher.
But it goes to show that the claim that all radicals are not true Muslims, is only partially true.

There are many things: to do with beliefs, whether they are committed to full-hearted implementing sharia law; whether honours killings are justified, and their opinion on things like suicide bombers etc. I understand in Western countries, most Muslims are not radicalised; and in general as well. But that is not the issue even, the problem is that there are still some who use the Quran/Islam today to commit acts of violence/terrorism.

Define what you mean by practising Muslim, practising Muslim's identify people who take things out of context radicalised - I don't necessarily think this statement is accurate entirely.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
@Drsoccerball, if God punishes mankind with natural disasters like earthquakes did he also punish the dinosaurs during the jurassic period for their sins? lol
highly irrelevant question, dinosaurs and mankind are the not the same thing. (although I don't think karma is right either)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Muslims. No life so they worship a pedophile.
strawman, Muslims don't worship Mohammed (which I am guessing you are referring to).
At least if you going to make a claim like that, get the first fact straight.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
"The ISIS want the non-muslims to hate muslims and kick them out of the western countries because the ISIS think that when the muslims have no where to go to they will come to ISIS and join them"

What I can also add, is that certain groups wish to compare my religion (which isn't Islam); to ISIS...
Muslims need to not ask for special privileges. Yes hate, is a bad thing. But telling people not to examine what Islam teaches, to see if actually is as liberals/Obama claim "a religion of peace" is uncritical. It is all well and good for liberals to say, and then smear hate towards my religion just because people of my religion won't retaliate; means that some consistency is showing.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
This is where I lose hope in you... I said literally 4 times that you can't attribute the religion to individuals/ people look at the book not the people.
Well yes and no.
Yes, in the sense, that he could go to the book (and probably find all the violence verses, which I think why bother)
No, in the sense, it doesn't really matter what Islam/Quran says but actually what Muslims believe/practice which is the issue.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
All available evidence points to muhammad being extremely homosexual.

Drsoccerball

HSC
It is a myth that einstein couldnt tie his shoes. IQ is an extremely strong predictor of intellectual ability and Einstein had an extremely high IQ.
"Albert Einstein didn't learn to talk until he was four, couldn't learn to tie his own shoes, and was way behind his classmates in learning to read. His teachers said he was mentally slow, unsociable, and a dreamer."

No, you can't 'explain' these. The quran is unambiguously wrong.
Not to someone like you who first says the Earth has a bulge around the equator and then when I compare it to an ostrich egg which also has bulge you refuse it...

"Miracles" are not a part of science. Therefore, Islam is not compatible with science.
Then any religion isn't compatible with science... You think God is bound by his own rules that he made ? This is probably hard for you to understand since you (probably) don't believe in a God. God allows for these rules to be broken to show that in fact the messengers are actually messengers from God.

The earth is not ostrich-egg shaped. it is spherical.

Nobody would look at earth and describe the shape as that of an ostrich egg.

Ostrich-eggs are not spherical. End of story.
Well then I guess that is another falsehood in islam, because the earth is not ostrich-egg shaped. It's a sphere with a slight bulge around the equator.
Neither is the Earth since it has a buldge around the equator...and that it was it is trying to be illustrated since the ostrich egg isnt a perfect circle either...

Uhhhhhh.........yes? have you actually ever studied real science before?
Yes I have studied real science before... We learn mostly how things happen but not why things happen... So it is 100% scientific to say that something caused something else...What other option is there ? "Nothing caused something" That is a fallacy and an illogical statement.

LEARN TO READ. We are talking about the beliefs and behavior of muslims, not islam.
Well blame the particular individuals not the whole religion as it doesn't allow what they are doing...And yes you are doing this as classifying Muslims is directly referring to Islam as people follow it..

So what? The fact remains that the global muslim average IQ is well below non-muslims, and this likely explains why muslims believe stupid things and behave in stupid, vile ways.
Did they exclude you from the study :p ?

Drsoccerball

HSC
Firstly that's not the only thing earthquakes are for... It's like a cyclone where it is necessary at keeping global temperatures at a constant average so people are living in these dangerous areas so it's on them. I can't just jump in front of a train and then blame God that I died... But then we consider the notion of "But what about the people who don't have a choice living there" then we go on to two categories .It can either be a punishment or a test. A punishment as you know or a test to see if you abandon God or ask help from God etc... In regards to the Jurassic period one interpretation was that it was necessary to prepare the Earth for Humans as we can now us Fossil Fuels and other different sources of energy...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Of course it is not because one is a practising Muslims that make you radicalised, otherwise the percentage would be obviously higher.
But it goes to show that the claim that all radicals are not true Muslims, is only partially true.
First I agree but the second I don't agree with.

There are many things: to do with beliefs, whether they are committed to full-hearted implementing sharia law; whether honours killings are justified, and their opinion on things like suicide bombers etc. I understand in Western countries, most Muslims are not radicalised; and in general as well.
Most Muslim's condemn these. In regards to implementation of sharia law some don't even know the details of it... Sharia law in the prophet(sas)time ONLY applied to the Muslims and the other religions were allowed to practice which ever law they wanted to (Even though they were now the rulers of Mecca) Is this what we're seeing in these so called "Muslim" countries... That is not a Muslim belief to force everyone into sharia law... "La iqraha fideen" this is a verse the extremist groups never quote... Forcing is not a Muslim belief and nearly every Muslim knows this we just have a few black sheep who do not conform to this or rule out the verse...
But that is not the issue even, the problem is that there are still some who use the Quran/Islam today to commit acts of violence/terrorism.
Yes I agree... Did you watch the ISIS propaganda video? Notice how they only quoted one verse and it was out of context...

practising Muslim's identify people who take things out of context radicalised - I don't necessarily think this statement is accurate entirely.
That's what these terrorist groups are all doing and thus we say they are radicalised because they take things out of context no?

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
"The ISIS want the non-muslims to hate muslims and kick them out of the western countries because the ISIS think that when the muslims have no where to go to they will come to ISIS and join them"

What I can also add, is that certain groups wish to compare my religion (which isn't Islam); to ISIS...
Muslims need to not ask for special privileges. Yes hate, is a bad thing. But telling people not to examine what Islam teaches, to see if actually is as liberals/Obama claim "a religion of peace" is uncritical. It is all well and good for liberals to say, and then smear hate towards my religion just because people of my religion won't retaliate; means that some consistency is showing.
Theres a difference between certain groups and the whole world lol... You can't compare any religion to ISIS just like you can't compare any religion to the KKK.... The good Muslims who actually follow what the Quran and sunnah teaches will never insult your religion. Furthermore the good Muslim will never retaliate in physical or economic action to one who insults their religion but would rather discuss the issue.

Drsoccerball

HSC
well for christianity, god was a pedophile rapist.

he did decide to knock up a 12/13 year old mary at the time without her knowledge innit.
Though I am not Christian I can make a comment that Christians don't literally believe that God engaged in a sexual act even though the word beget is used or can be used.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Theres a difference between certain groups and the whole world lol... You can't compare any religion to ISIS just like you can't compare any religion to the KKK.... The good Muslims who actually follow what the Quran and sunnah teaches will never insult your religion. Furthermore the good Muslim will never retaliate in physical or economic action to one who insults their religion but would rather discuss the issue.
exactly my point, yet people have the audacity to do especially to non-Islamic religions.

Drsoccerball

HSC
exactly my point, yet people have the audacity to do especially to non-Islamic religions.
That's why I mentioned KKK... The budist's killing muslims in Burma don't represent Buddhism and Israel doesn't represent Judaism. So why don't people apply this to ISIS ?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
well for christianity, god was a pedophile rapist.

he did decide to knock up a 12/13 year old mary at the time without her knowledge innit.
1. It shows you're ignorance in the matter: Christians do not believe that God engaged with an sexual act of any form with the virgin Mary. (the only group I know that would actually believe that are the Mormons and they are wrong). Even DrSoccerball knows this. Concerning the word "beget", most scholars believe that word is not in the original text anyway (by checking the earlier manuscripts);
2. Even if Christians, like myself, did hold that; which they don't. I still don't still the relevance to this thread. I know you were attempting to answer the question "how can God be a pedophile"; but I reckon the original statement was actually directed ( durrrrrr) probably towards Mohammed.
3. The statement about Mohammed, I'd leave for Muslims to defend, but I can guarantee that would probably deny it or justify it. Cannot be certain.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)