• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

mod hist gitters! (1 Viewer)

light bulb

HSC
i scored 55% in my mod hist exam and the highest was 70% we were the only two that passed. does that mean my teacher set/marked it hard. or are we just dumbarses?

Pubert

HSC
Depends what school you go to. If you go to a school in the top 10, then that must have been quite a difficult test. But if you go to a school in the bottom 20 then more than likely your grade isnt very academic. However, you can still achieve great results in a shit school no matter how bad it may be.

light bulb

HSC
yeah there were a few questions that none of us recognised! we were meant to write a full essay on a topic we hadn't evan heard about!most of us got zero for it and all of us guessed or didnt do it at all.

somehow i dont think my school is in the top 200!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hmm but your in preliminary and its over and so the there would be little point in scaling up the marks, maybe only for reports.

Anyway it sounds like the exams more then anything else.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If we didn’t have preliminary people would be making mistakes left, right and center when it counted. Also students wouldn’t have the opportunity to adjust to senior school and the senior assessments\exam etc. In hindsight you may think of the preliminary as pointless but you can appreciate it for the above merits. It also forms some background knowledge and skills for the HSC.

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeap, I second that too. Definately helped me structure my year 21, and I've made adjustments and improvements on most of my weak areas and areas where I continuously make silly mistakes :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)