Mod C (1 Viewer)

fachurn

HSC
Im counting on doing really well in the other modules andd getting like a 70 in this one.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Same , I'm so gnna die if i dnt get in via Early Entry .. from the shame nothing else

xD
Most unis that offer Early entry still require you to meet the cut-off mark (might be slightly lower). It just means you'll get an offer to your course a few weeks before everyone else. Basically, you won't be scared waiting for uni offers in January.

Last year a few of my friend got EXTREMELY lucky at UOW (University of Wollongong). They applied for early entry and miraculously, UOW made an exception for engineering and Arts for cut-off marks. So they basically got into uni based on their half-yearly marks from high school -.- . This year they added the cut-off though lol.

HSC
N/A
Most unis that offer Early entry still require you to meet the cut-off mark (might be slightly lower). It just means you'll get an offer to your course a few weeks before everyone else. Basically, you won't be scared waiting for uni offers in January.

Last year a few of my friend got EXTREMELY lucky at UOW (University of Wollongong). They applied for early entry and miraculously, UOW made an exception for engineering and Arts for cut-off marks. So they basically got into uni based on their half-yearly marks from high school -.- . This year they added the cut-off though lol.
No , shhhhhh Isho , stop being a smart arse .. they will let me in cuz im just that great :D

On a serious note though , I thought they let you in on the basis that you will most likely get the marks anyways ..

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
No , shhhhhh Isho , stop being a smart arse .. they will let me in cuz im just that great :D

On a serious note though , I thought they let you in on the basis that you will most likely get the marks anyways ..
Haha :p

If you attend the interview, and you receive a positive response (successful letter), then you'll be placed in their 'special' list. The list will include all students that have applied for early entry and received letters stating that they're 'accepted'. However, when it says 'accepted', it only means 'high chance' that the student will pull through and get the cut-off mark for the course. As soon as ATARs are released, and you've met the cut-off mark set for the course, the uni will IMMEDIATELY call you within hours of your ATARs being released. So in truth, you'll be receiving guaranteed offer for your course by nearly a month earlier than everyone else.

HSC
N/A
Haha :p

If you attend the interview, and you receive a positive response (successful letter), then you'll be placed in their 'special' list. The list will include all students that have applied for early entry and received letters stating that they're 'accepted'. However, when it says 'accepted', it only means 'high chance' that the student will pull through and get the cut-off mark for the course. As soon as ATARs are released, and you've met the cut-off mark set for the course, the uni will IMMEDIATELY call you within hours of your ATARs being released. So in truth, you'll be receiving guaranteed offer for your course by nearly a month earlier than everyone else.
Well now inoe this doesn't apply to me .. theres no interview .. :D ? :/ ?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Usually for early entry (which opens around half-yearlies), most unis request students to apply for early entry. If they're successful, they move onto the interview stage. At this point, it's up to you to persuade them as to why you should be given the chance for early entry into the uni. Normally, they also ask for your mid-term results or w/e else. Then yeah, if you're successful with the interview, you move onto the next stage, which is as described above.

Try not to worry about it before exams though, leave all this mess until december-january. It's the worst 2 months ever!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Just realised I'm putting more pressure on you before your exam. My bad, lol. Try not to worry about all this until after your exams are done (December and January will be the 2 worst months for you ever!).
haha nahh im 110% positive tht if i dnt get EE into th uni i want , ill get EE into th my backup :D

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Usually for early entry (which opens around half-yearlies), most unis request students to apply for early entry. If they're successful, they move onto the interview stage. At this point, it's up to you to persuade them as to why you should be given the chance for early entry into the uni. Normally, they also ask for your mid-term results or w/e else. Then yeah, if you're successful with the interview, you move onto the next stage, which is as described above.

Try not to worry about it before exams though, leave all this mess until december-january. It's the worst 2 months ever!
^ I could be wrong though. This only applies to 4of the unis that I've seen my friends applying EE to.

HSC
N/A
^ I could be wrong though. This only applies to 4of the unis that I've seen my friends applying EE to.
haha , yehh im sure its rite .. my uni's though aren't as ..... fussy .... who they put into there courses :)

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
University of New England & Southern Cross - Bachelor of Nursing
Ooh, regional! You should be fine then :). Not as difficult to get in. If all fails, there's always Nursing at La Trobe, which is like 40 or 50 something atar.

HSC
N/A
Ooh, regional! You should be fine then :). Not as difficult to get in. If all fails, there's always Nursing at La Trobe, which is like 40 or 50 something atar.
WHAT ? Are you seriously fucking with me on the eve of p2 ? (nt rly eve anymore but who cares)

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
WHAT ? Are you seriously fucking with me on the eve of p2 ? (nt rly eve anymore but who cares)
huh ? what part? lol

La trobe uni?

Cut off for last year -

185028 B Nursing 51.05 at Albury Campus. =P

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why is it so unpopular ? something wrong ?
No, nothing wrong, it's just that it's in Albury. Lol. VERY VERY VERY rural. High ATAR is basically cause of demand (and reputation + quality). But more people want courses in city or w/e thats nearest to them. If you placed like hundred thousand students in Albury, the cut-off would be inflated to 90 + easily.

HSC
N/A
No, nothing wrong, it's just that it's in Albury. Lol. VERY VERY VERY rural. High ATAR is basically cause of demand (and reputation + quality). But more people want courses in city or w/e thats nearest to them. If you placed like hundred thousand students in Albury, the cut-off would be inflated to 90 + easily.
But even Melbourne's cut off is low .. 70.2

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/courses/nursing looking at Nursing (Pre-Reg..)

wrong site ?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
But even Melbourne's cut off is low .. 70.2

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/courses/nursing looking at Nursing (Pre-Reg..)

wrong site ?
What do you mean wrong site? It's the right site haha. Seems Albury raised by 1 to 52.70 for this year.

I guess demand is just low then perhaps? When you have the likes of Monash and Melb uni there, I think more will favour those unis than La Trobe. It's the same with say, UWS here in Sydney compared to UNSW, Usyd, etc. UWS entry for engineering is 74 atar, Usyd is around 86. UWS entry for Accounting is 66, UNSW is around 96. Go figure. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)