MOD B ELIOT - HELP WITH INTRO (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
What do I say in my intro, I haven't really written one

this is what I have rn and idk where I'd fit the stimulus

help

Examining the thematic transformation of Eliot’s poetry allows for valuable insights on the decaying Modernist world and its shift in spirituality. Comparing the changes in style and form [OR WHATEVER FOR ATQ] between Eliot's [POEM POEM POEM], the devastating impact of deteriorating spirituality on individual perceptions of purpose is revealed [ATQ]. This is observed in his poetic style, where his initial subversions of romanticism and religion grow into a sense of order and clarity, suggesting that modern man can redeem himself in a chaotic world. [GO INTO EACH POEM AND WHAT THEY SHOW] Evidently, [ATQ]

tbh i guess someone can copy what I write but generally what do people say

roryahoy

HSC

help

Examining the thematic transformation of Eliot’s poetry allows for valuable insights on the decaying Modernist world and its shift in spirituality. Comparing the changes in style and form [OR WHATEVER FOR ATQ] between Eliot's [POEM POEM POEM], the devastating impact of deteriorating spirituality on individual perceptions of purpose is revealed [ATQ]. This is observed in his poetic style, where his initial subversions of romanticism and religion grow into a sense of order and clarity, suggesting that modern man can redeem himself in a chaotic world. [GO INTO EACH POEM AND WHAT THEY SHOW] Evidently, [ATQ]

Is the INtro in ReSponse to a QuesTion??
Sorry for BAd caps i Have a visual iMpairment btw

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Eliot is a great story and its thems and techniques have given me tips and tricks to live a good life.

That would be my thesis statement you can use it if you want

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Eliot is a great story and its thems and techniques have given me tips and tricks to live a good life.

That would be my thesis statement you can use it if you want
are you sure, I heard NESA prefer tricks before tips
i.e. "given me tricks and tips to live a good life"

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
^^^^^ help anyone got a good intro structure

nsw..wollongong

HSC

help

the world is not a decaying modernist world. the world is decaying BECAUSE of Modernism. reword that.
thematic transformation - what themes?
just talk about the shift in ___ across all of Eliot's Impressionistic oeuvre. Also how is spirituality detiorating? A lot of his poems posit that spirituality doesn't even exist. reword. individual perceptions of purpose - what does that mean. do u mean lack of purpose?
Poetic style - ... this seems like paragraph analysis, shouldn't be in ur intro.
initial subversions of Romanticism is wrong - he doesn't subvert Romanticism if he's a Modernist poet. Modernity and Romanticism are two different things, Modernity doesn't criticise the Romantic era, it criticises its surrounding landscape.
chaotic world - what is that.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
the world is not a decaying modernist world. the world is decaying BECAUSE of Modernism. reword that.
just talk about the shift in ___ across all of Eliot's Impressionistic oeuvre. Also how is spirituality detiorating? A lot of his poems posit that spirituality doesn't even exist. reword. individual perceptions of purpose - what does that mean. do u mean lack of purpose?
Poetic style - ... this seems like paragraph analysis, shouldn't be in ur intro.
initial subversions of Romanticism is wrong - he doesn't subvert Romanticism if he's a Modernist poet. Modernity and Romanticism are two different things, Modernity doesn't criticise the Romantic era, it criticises its surrounding landscape.
cheers thankss

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Examining the shift in spirituality across Eliot’s innovative poetic suite allows for valuable insights on the decaying natural world due to Modernism. [ATQ]. Comparing the changes in style and form between Eliot's [POEM POEM POEM], the devastating impact of a lack of spirituality on the modern world is revealed. This is observed in [ATQ style/form/something], where his existential thematic transformation suggests that modern man can redeem himself spiritually despite his decaying world. [POEM INFO]. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style allows him to develop his fundamental beliefs over time, posing deep existential questions to his audience, and [ATQ].

better?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Examining the shift in spirituality across Eliot’s innovative poetic suite allows for valuable insights on the decaying natural world due to Modernism. [ATQ]. Comparing the changes in style and form between Eliot's [POEM POEM POEM], the devastating impact of a lack of spirituality on the modern world is revealed. This is observed in [ATQ style/form/something], where his existential thematic transformation suggests that modern man can redeem himself spiritually despite his decaying world. [POEM INFO]. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style allows him to develop his fundamental beliefs over time, posing deep existential questions to his audience, and [ATQ].

better?
much better
first sentence --> replace Modernism with challenges of Modernity (such as disillusionment)
second sentence could talk more broadly about Eliot's suite of poetry rather than individual poems, otherwise good
third sentence --> decaying world, change to psychological isolation of the individual within urban detritis
otherwise great.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
much better
first sentence --> replace Modernism with challenges of Modernity (such as disillusionment)
second sentence could talk more broadly about Eliot's suite of poetry rather than individual poems, otherwise good
third sentence --> decaying world, change to psychological isolation of the individual within urban detritis
otherwise great.
thank youuuuu ill edit it and send it back lmao

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
otherwise great definitely 20/20 worthy omg it's amazing never read anything better
wham bam

Examining the shift in spirituality across Eliot’s innovative poetic suite allows for valuable insights on the decaying natural world due to the disillusionment and spiritual vacuity of Modernity. [ATQ]. Comparing the changes in style and form between Eliot's poetic suite, the devastating impact of a lack of spirituality on the modern world and purpose is revealed, demonstrating how [whatever the question wants]. This is observed in [whatever], where his existential thematic transformation that develops a sense of order and clarity despite his initial subversion of romanticism and religion, suggests that modern man can redeem himself spiritually despite the physical isolation of the individual within increasing urban and natural detritus. [POEM INFO **see below**]. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style allows him to develop his fundamental beliefs over time, posing deep existential questions to his audience, and [ATQ].

** poem info
prufrock = paralysing uncertainty and insecurity
hollow men = spiritual vacuity and disillusionment
magi = freeing power of spirituality to transcend modern decay

if needed
preludes = mechanisation and industrialisation of the modern world leads to decay of the natural world
rhapsody = mechanisation replacing spirituality as a proxy religion (e.g. streetlamp replacing god's voice) idfk rhapsody

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)