mod A Keats and Campion question help (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.46.43 am.png

so for this question, would you guys write alternating body paras (4 bodies- 2 per text) or integrated body paras (3 bodies- one with 2 texts) ??

it seems to me that the latter would work the best since the question is more focused on campion? but idk, i only have most practice with the alternating body paras...

notme123

HSC
View attachment 32941

so for this question, would you guys write alternating body paras (4 bodies- 2 per text) or integrated body paras (3 bodies- one with 2 texts) ??

it seems to me that the latter would work the best since the question is more focused on campion? but idk, i only have most practice with the alternating body paras...
ill be honest both are fine. i know people that did the former and did really well but they did different texts but im choosing to do the latter because the conversation is more salient there. like you can put a keats quote and then a campion example to make the links and conversation more direct i guess

zizi2003_

HSC
ill be honest both are fine. i know people that did the former and did really well but they did different texts but im choosing to do the latter because the conversation is more salient there. like you can put a keats quote and then a campion example to make the links and conversation more direct i guess
i agree, integrated paras do flow a whole lot better
so when u write integrated paras, how many examples per text do u use? like if i use 2 examples per text + analyse them with links and context, the para ends up going over a page which considerably takes up time...

notme123

HSC
i agree, integrated paras do flow a whole lot better
so when u write integrated paras, how many examples per text do u use? like if i use 2 examples per text + analyse them with links and context, the para ends up going over a page which considerably takes up time...
i do k-c-k-c which is actually really hard because it takes a while to do the campion parts yknow like describing setting and stuff but i kind of just go straight into it and just say: similarly campion speculates this conflict when... which ..... also if you look at nesa feedback they don't like students overanalyzing campion because it sacrifices Keats poetry analysis which is also important. that's why this pair of texts i believe is one of the hardest in the hsc, cause you have to be super concise.

zizi2003_

HSC
i do k-c-k-c which is actually really hard because it takes a while to do the campion parts yknow like describing setting and stuff but i kind of just go straight into it and just say: similarly campion speculates this conflict when... which ..... also if you look at nesa feedback they don't like students overanalyzing campion because it sacrifices Keats poetry analysis which is also important. that's why this pair of texts i believe is one of the hardest in the hsc, cause you have to be super concise.
ooooh so u pair up examples - i just do k-k-c-c lol and then integrating comparisons with the analyses of campion's text
but i swear i saw one B6 response and it legit only had one example from keats and like 2-3 from campion in one body para?? i was so confused because I was like they barely have anything on keats?

zizi2003_

HSC
also do u have much on campion's context?
idk what more to say besides the postmodernist acceptance of death/realism, third wave feminist politics and emphasis on individuality 'stuff- it's all getting repetitive

notme123

HSC
also do u have much on campion's context?
idk what more to say besides the postmodernist acceptance of death/realism, third wave feminist politics and emphasis on individuality 'stuff- it's all getting repetitive
i just have the 'modernised perspective' for audiences and her feminist purpose i didnt even know about your stuff. i emailed my teachers and asked what other context i can integrate and they didnt reply rip

A1La5

HSC
which ..... also if you look at nesa feedback they don't like students overanalyzing campion because it sacrifices Keats poetry analysis which is also important.
I have the opposite problem! I have a lot more evidence for Keats poems but have little evidence from the film.. what evidence do you use when discussing the film?

Wizjaro

HSC
I think either forms work well for this question. This question is definitely interest but in all honesty any Keats and Campion essay you write should discuss everything mentioned in the question anyway so I wouldn't consider changing styles for the question. Additionally I personally do alternating and I think the conversation can be quite strong especially in your campion paragraph where you make distinct comparisons between the two texts.

zizi2003_

HSC
I think either forms work well for this question. This question is definitely interest but in all honesty any Keats and Campion essay you write should discuss everything mentioned in the question anyway so I wouldn't consider changing styles for the question. Additionally I personally do alternating and I think the conversation can be quite strong especially in your campion paragraph where you make distinct comparisons between the two texts.
So for alternating paragraphs then, do you have 3 examples per para? or do you write more for Campion's para to explicitly draw comparisons?

Wizjaro

HSC
I do 3 examples for Keats and 2 for Campion(mainly cause it takes time to explain plus I want to do my comparison in that para)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)