• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, well it was only open for the legal studies students- i just went to watch sometimes, so i can miss out on classes. :D
:eek:
only for legal studies students?? i did it last year and i didn't do legal back then!
and time out of class?? we have to do it all (training and the actual trial) after/before school!
unfair :(

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i did it in yr 11. i was a witness and solicitor

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
As far as I know you're only allowed to do it in year 10 & 11 ay? I did it, I was the solictor, it was awesome fun!

Hey Mazza, if you did it not last year but the year before.....you versed me! It was the last round robin round, at your school, and we won......do you remember?

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
tofu my school has been allocated a lawyer to help us with preparation.. i think everyone gets one. perhaps they could help you with your statement?

i did mock trial last year and our helper-lawyer was crap so one of my friend's older brother helped us instead (he does law at unsw). so he has been giving me a hand with my closing statement.

are you prosecution or defence?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah you don't really need the lawyers you are assigned. We didn't use ours at all and did just fine.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hey Ms12 yeah i think i remember, but i cant remember if i played a barrister or a witness that time .. i think it might of been a barrister??? thats soo kewl! aw wish i knew it was you then i could say i officially met someone from here!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Numero Uno
1st round

hmm i may enter i think its to late though
but my school is 1337 so it should be easy :p
what does 1337 mean? i see it everywhere...argh! someone explain!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
elite?
most ppl use it on the net and call it 1337 speak where they replace letters with numbers and things its a nerd thing dont worry if u dont get it.. like p|-|33r m33h.. 1|v| a 1337 sp34|<3r
(theres my poor attempt)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
As far as I know you're only allowed to do it in year 10 & 11 ay?
nope!, i did when i was in yr 9 and i was a witness (i was darryl hanna), and at that time our baristers were in yr 12

i remember our opposition were the biggest suck-ups, they cracked up at every joke the judge had to say even though they were no-where near funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)