Mobile Phones!! (1 Viewer)

budj

HSC
Hey all, Im thinking of investing in a mobile phone and I cant decide what phone/ plan I am going to get. I have to pay for it myself, and my status is that this year I will probably differ from uni, doing a traineeship at snowy. Ill be earning 19k for that year, and then il get youth allowance.

Next year at uni I plan to use the phone alot.

So yeah Il write down a few questions, and if you all could please answer them (according to your situation, ie. y it is advantageous for u, ehere ur living, are u at uni or work etc...) it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Question 1:

What dealer (telestra/optus) should I choose (i Live in Cooma which is a town about 110 k from Canberra), and why? N.B pretty much all my friends are on optus.

Question 2

Should I be on prepaid, or on a plan? aND what are the disadvantages/advantages of each. I intend to use the phone alot next year especially when i go to uni.

Question 3

Both my phone and internet are serviced by telestra, meaning i get rewards if i get a mobile plan through telestra. (cant remember the rewards of the top of my head). So should this influence my decision alot?

Thankyou all for the help

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
optus pre paid. If you plan on using your fone during the day to call optus to optus and you recharge quiet frequently you get freetime for short calls it is long. 300 minutes for a $30 recharge, 500 for $50 etc. If most of your friends are with optus that's probably the best way to go. :)

budj

HSC
Yeah i think vodaphone cvoverage is pretty pathetic in Cooma thouhg

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Actually, I have found vodafones coverage to be better then optus and telstra. But vodafone has really good plans.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
same, i think voda is the best all-round provider. except for the shitty fones they offer on prepaid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)