Mobile Phones (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
right so this stupid arse loser walks into our chem exam 2 minutes before its about to start and, like he did for every trial exam, he doesnt turn his bloody mobile off
and it rings
and rings again
and it plays jamelia's superstar of all the songs
and he gets a friggin 'warning'
is that it?
he'll do it again i know he will cuz he got a 'warning' for each of the times he did it in the trials.
isnt there some rule which states that he could get zero for his assessment or his hsc??

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
fashionista said:
right so this stupid arse loser walks into our chem exam 2 minutes before its about to start and, like he did for every trial exam, he doesnt turn his bloody mobile off
and it rings
and rings again
and it plays jamelia's superstar of all the songs
and he gets a friggin 'warning'
is that it?
he'll do it again i know he will cuz he got a 'warning' for each of the times he did it in the trials.
isnt there some rule which states that he could get zero for his assessment or his hsc??
There IS a rule, but there I'm not sure if there's a "punishment..." I think you should tag this somewhere where a moderator can tell you...

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
technically yes he could get '0' for the exam if he brings a mobile into the exam room. however obviously the supervisers are excecising discretion, i mean if he was using it to communicate with someone, then he should get zero, if not then i think its fair enought that he is warned

neuro_logik

HSC
punch him in the face, and I hate that fucking song!!! and if I see another fucking purple hippopotamus dancing on tv, im going to strap myself with C4 and walk into where the hell the Austereo Network main office is.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, the advisors r generally pretty nice, at least for me. they do use discretion

1800-gumby

HSC
One of the girls i know got her 0 for one of her exams last year because she had a phone on her. It was turned of and she didn't use at all during the exam but she took it out of her pocket as she was walking out and rang someone. i thought it was an automatic 0 if you had a phone.

mishka

HSC
N/A
one girl at my school missed out on a mark for one of her subs cos of her phone...
here's the story:
she had waited outside the exam room and was talking to one of the juniors, who was playing with her phone. little did she know that he set the alarm to go off. she turned off her phone before the exam without knowing the alarm was set.

anyways, the phone went off during the exam. the ladies supervising asked whose phone it was and the girl asked if they could get her bag so she could turn it off. they said no and it continued to ring on and off for the next 20mins before the girl got up and left the exam.

she appealed to the bos but her misadventure was denied, because mobiles aren't technically allowed in the room. so there went 2 units of her hsc over a stupid phone.

that's the consequence of taking a phone into the room. the ladies could have (and probably should have, if he was a repeat offender) asked him to leave the exam.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it was funny at our school for the first exam, the supervisor is like, any1 with a mobile phone bring it up the front.

about half the year walked up and left their mobile on stage.

a bit off topic, but funny story

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
A girl at my school has a mobile on and in her pocket every exam and it has gone off in 2 of them.. she brought it into the trials and it went off and she got a zero.. I wont say what subject cos there are ppl from my school on this forum but yeah she got a zero and rightfully so cos its a rule... whether stupid or ot stupid, fair or not fair.... Its a rule, you break it u face the punishment.. as far as that girl goes with the alaram on the fone... thats different an slack... it wasnt in the exam room... Why bother bringing it in if ur not gonna use it? You can leave it up the front... why turn it on... you cant talk anyway.. is it really worth a zero?

cko

HSC
well its not really worth a zero but u hav been warned either way

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, u might get some nice supervisors though

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my school's code is that they can fail you!

i think it's a scare tactic

wind

HSC
During the trials people were asked to leave their phones on the whiteboard bottom ledge at the front of the room.

Except they weren't asked to turn the things off.

So halfway through the exam, a phone goes off with vibration enabled. So it's rattling along the metal ledge. Carries on for a couple minutes too with the teachers not noticing (or bothering) to turn the things off!

So damn annoying too!

DeMikez

HSC
townie said:
it was funny at our school for the first exam, the supervisor is like, any1 with a mobile phone bring it up the front.

about half the year walked up and left their mobile on stage.

a bit off topic, but funny story

yeh at our school in english.. our headsupervisor asked ppl to hand their mobile phones in or go turn them off... at first it was like silence..then one person stood up then another then it took like 5 mins to get everyone seated cos like ppl went up to turn their phones off or to hand them it..
it was a funny site..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
how fucking difficult is it to at least put your phone on silent?
i don't understand how you could 'forget' to put your phone w.the supervisors - at the start of every exam i've had they've given the 'you mustn't have your phone on you' speech

in my first exam one of the phones went off like a minute after the exam ended :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)