Mobile phone went off during final exam (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xeuyrawp

Why do these stories come out of the woodwork after final marks have been released and not right after the exam? If it was so bad, you would have complained immediately after the exam. Essentially, I think that you're whinging about your low final marks, not about the exam.

I'm sorry to say it, but I think you're going to just have to cop this one on the chin.

Efficient5

HSC
omg dude, YOU should DEFINITELY GO COMPLAIN RIGHT NOW. OMFG How could they do this...
If the lecturer doesnt respond, go to the Head of the uni!!

RIGHT NOW
SERIOUSLY

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
I love it how all of these stories come out of the woodwork after final marks have been released.

If it was so bad, you would have complained immediately after the exam.

You're whinging about your low final marks, not about the exam.
Well at the end of the day my story is real and I am not making nothing up. In your honest opinion, have I got a case. Please no smartass comments. Thanks. I really look up to all your feedback on the mac forums thats why I waited for your reply.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
omg dude, YOU should DEFINITELY GO COMPLAIN RIGHT NOW. OMFG How could they do this...

RIGHT NOW
SERIOUSLY
If that doesn't work, write your local MP

And then the Prime Minister!

EDUCATION REVOLUTION MY ARSE.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC

RIGHT NOW
SERIOUSLY
I am waiting until my lecturer responds to my grade appeal. If he rejects it, I will try and organise an interview with the dean of division and explain my case to him in person. If all else fails, I will take it to the grading committee.

X

xeuyrawp

Well at the end of the day my story is real and I am not making nothing up. In your honest opinion, have I got a case. Please no smartass comments. Thanks. I really look up to all your feedback on the mac forums thats why I waited for your reply.
I honestly have no idea. I only know about appeals anecdotally from the perspective of students and from the Arts academics I know (Arts gets the lowest appeals in the uni, and very rarely gets appeals taken beyond the Head of Department).

I wrote this somewhere else, but I can't be bothered looking it up: If you appeal, you essentially make an enemy of your convener, tutor, lecturer, etc. There's a shitload of paperwork to deal with and it's rather annoying to have students come up after the final exam and whinge about how unfair something was.

Honestly, don't you know that if you were really distracted, you would have complained right after the exam? Also, do you really think that a momentary loss in concentration really fucked up your performance?

Like I said, I really have no idea if you've got a chance. If you see no reason not to, go and do it. Otherwise, take it as one of many life's lessons.

Efficient5

HSC
I am waiting until my lecturer responds to my grade appeal. If he rejects it, I will try and organise an interview with the dean of division and explain my case to him in person. If all else fails, I will take it to the grading committee.
AND THEN???
You need a back up plan dude???
Wtf are u just going to the grading committee!! Youre not doing enough.

lambchop

HSC
N/A
Ok, if the phone had kept going off then maybe.
But the phone went off once. There are more random and distracting things that happen all the time in exams. There is no way that it caused you to lose too many grades. I would be more concerned with the kind of reputation you have now given yourself by making such a useless claim. I know for a fact that faculty members talk, and a request like this would have got a few comments made, mostly because it was a compleste waste of time to put in a complaint.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
I honestly have no idea. I only know about appeals anecdotally from the perspective of students and from the Arts academics I know (Arts gets the lowest appeals in the uni, and very rarely gets appeals taken beyond the Head of Department).

I wrote this somewhere else, but I can't be bothered looking it up: If you appeal, you essentially make an enemy of your convener, tutor, lecturer, etc. There's a shitload of paperwork to deal with and it's rather annoying to have students come up after the final exam and whinge about how unfair something was.

Honestly, don't you know that if you were really distracted, you would have complained right after the exam? Also, do you really think that a momentary loss in concentration really fucked up your performance?

Like I said, I really have no idea if you've got a chance. If you see no reason not to, go and do it. Otherwise, take it as one of many life's lessons.
Thanks for your input. I'll inform you guys on how I went. That momentary loss of concentration did fuck up my performance in all honesty. Will copy and paste decision of the uni once received.

ClubMac

HSC
AND THEN???
You need a back up plan dude???
Wtf are u just going to the grading committee!! Youre not doing enough.
Stop encouraging him even if u r being sarcastic.
Let it go mate, these things happen. Stop wasting ur time. There r more important things to do in the holidays, like partying.

Roguey

HSC
I think the most dissapointing thing is that the supervisors didn't do anything, eventhough it is a serious offense. But I don't think it would have distracted anyone enough to be able to put in for a special consideration, imo.
Goodluck though.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Stop encouraging him even if u r being sarcastic.
Let it go mate, these things happen. Stop wasting ur time. There r more important things to do in the holidays, like partying.
I would honestly let it go but I can't take shit like this. I've let go too many fucked up things during my uni life and I am not going to anymore. The uni has to take care of its students.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Like what others said, why only complain after you got the mark?
You didn't have to fill in special consideration if you were afraid of supplementary, just complain to the convener or whoever in charge without filing in special consideration.
Alternatively, you could have done a supplementary exam if you felt your mark will seriously go down because of the phone, if you really deserved D or HD, I am sure the supplementary exam will reflect that.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Like what others said, why only complain after you got the mark?
You didn't have to fill in special consideration if you were afraid of supplementary, just complain to the convener or whoever in charge without filing in special consideration.
Alternatively, you could have done a supplementary exam if you felt your mark will seriously go down because of the phone, if you really deserved D or HD, I am sure the supplementary exam will reflect that.
Are you alright??? Why the hell would I want to sit a supplementary exam because some son of a bitch can't even put their fucked up phone on silent. I studied very hard for this exam. I ain't going to wait 3 weeks for a supplementary exam to prove I deserved a distinction. It is not like I received 65 on the dot that I would of received 10 extra marks had it not been for the phone ringing. I am one mark off and I will fucking get that mark. Close this thread please. If my case is rejected, it will show the university doesn't give a shit about their students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)