Missing the first two weeks of uni 2006 (1 Viewer)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
Just wondering if there are any major things that i haven't taken into account

is it possible to get someone to be my proxy who is able to change my timetable in person in the first two weeks?

also do i have to go into uni in person for student card, enrolment etc in those two weeks?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well, the first week of lectures is usually stuff you don't need, like going through Unit of study outlines. there are also no tutes for 90% of subjects
Second week you may kind of need but you can still change timetables (from memory) until 3rd week.
It's hard to get used to everything when coming in from 3rd week though

Generator

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
It's hard to get used to everything when coming in from 3rd week though
You know from experience, I take it?

Just contact the university, both general admin and unit coordinators (or the relevant school's if the coordinators are not yet known), and see what they have to say regarding any concerns that you may have. However, you don't have to get your student card finalised within that two week period, so there's no need to worry about that.

I'm assuming that you will be away from pcs with net access, but what about other members of your immediate family (or your partner)? Surely there's someone who you trust who could attempt change your timetable via the relevant website? The times will be available beforehand, so you can provide an ideal timetable and then just hope for the best. If not, I'm sure that the admin will be able to answer your question regarding a proxy.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Considering I've been going to uni for a year, yes. I know from experience. Anyone who has joined my tute in week 3 feels left out. THis would especially be bad for someone in first year, first semester.
you effectively miss out on heaps of hints for the semester ahead, you have to rush and do all this administrative stuff. If the person misses out on o-week it'd also be bad.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah i should probably clarify that i'll be starting second year. i've got friends in all the classes i'll be taking. i think my main concern was just enrolment and timetabling plus student card but someone's answered that (thanks:D)

i'll be able to change my timetable via the net but from experience it can be pretty inflexible so maybe i can get a proxy to go in for me. i guess i should just bite the bullet and actually call the student centre. i'll get back to you guys with the results if you're particularly interested

holidays have got me lazy already or have made me more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)