Missing out? (1 Viewer)

IloveStudying

HSC
N/A
I've heard people say that your teenage years are the years that you should cherish the most and that they are "the happiest times of your life". Is that true? 'Cos I think I'm missing out. I don't know what's wrong with me, I dont have many friends, I'm pretty anti-trend and I'm usually miserable. Sometimes I feel like I want friends, but some days I feel like hating the world. Most school days I'll be in a library or something like that, and outside of school I mess around on my computer or laze around.

Am I missing out?

IloveStudying

HSC
N/A
Nah, i study mostly at school and my grades are really bad, im like one of those tryhard losers. I procrastinate at home and usually cant concentrate in class anyway. And nah I haven't been to a party ever. Except for birthday parties up until when i was like 13ish

And I don't love studying btw :p
I hate it. I barely do any. I mostly just do homework and then that's it :S

digitalhead

HSC
The path looks bleak...

Get a haircut, buy some cool clothes from general pants or something, get good at a sport, get some sex appeal...

That's cool my friend.

Maybe if you study really, really hard.. you will get a good UAI, go to university, become some highly paid corporate fatcat, have lots of money, a HUGE mansion in southern California, lots of fine women.. and then you can look at all the people @ high school that didn't like you and just cackle wildly like a madman, on top of your mountain in your huge mansion, to your hearts content.

IloveStudying

HSC
N/A
I hope you are just being sarcastic, because I'm not like that and you're sounding like a try-hard.

"Get a haircut, buy some cool clothes from general pants or something, get good at a sport, get some sex appeal... That's cool my friend."

Last edited:

digitalhead

HSC
As try hard as it may seem, I don't think you have many options left..?

From what I can see / tell.

m&ss2008

HSC
yer8899 said:
you should be able to make a fresh start at uni.
thats right, when you get into uni be a bit more outgoing at first, so people can see your fun side straight away. get yourself a good, sensible crowd and you'll have a much better time.

(of course im not actually at uni yet, but ive known a few people do that. it should work)

best of luck to you

alex1905

HSC
I think you are missing out on a lot.
If you only have afew friends you should still try to have fun outside, and inside school with them.
I think that our teenage years are the best of our lives, and we shouldn't waste them, because we are still kids, and can get away with pretty much anything. It can be hard sometimes especially with homework/assignments, and trying to fit in at school but try to make time for yourself, and go out and have some fun.
:)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
uni life for me personally is a whole lot more awesome that high school ever was.

at uni youre free, have independance, come into daily contact with like minded people and develop your own personal networks rather than the ones youre forced in to at school. from my experience and those of some mates, life really begins once youre out of high school.

i felt content with my time at school, but looking back i realise it was actually fairly shit.

Evilo

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
uni life for me personally is a whole lot more awesome that high school ever was.

at uni youre free, have independance, come into daily contact with like minded people and develop your own personal networks rather than the ones youre forced in to at school. from my experience and those of some mates, life really begins once youre out of high school.

i felt content with my time at school, but looking back i realise it was actually fairly shit.
+1

HSC
You sound like you have pretty low self esteem, and I think that's the biggest problem. Cliche, I know, but others won't like you if you don't like yourself first.
People in high school can be really shitty though...
What do you feel you're missing out on in particular? The social aspect of school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)