missing my first Tut (1 Viewer)

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
Apart from o-week, my first tut is at 12pm on monday... on the 7th of march... HOWEVER, i have a driving test then, booked WAY before any tut reg's.

will it be really bad to miss the first proper tute? will i talk to the... i dunno, do lecturers take tuts? and say, i can't make it NOW WHAT?

the tute is before the lecture, which i have at 2pm that day, i wont miss that, but i might miss some of my other lecture, which is approaches to comm if i remember correctly.

would it be really stupid to not be in time for that, will anything really important be said tht i can't get notes from a friend (assuming i have one by then!!!) for my tut, and or lecture depending on how late i am??

also, if you are... 15 mins late for a lecture, would it be better to walk in late, or just not go...?

and college life... aka PARTIES... whats it like at penrith? are there anything like the typical media portrayal of unilife from movies etc?

thanks!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can miss one tut. It doesn't really matter, although you must remember that you must have a minimum attentence rate of about 80% - which means you can miss up to 2 tutorials during the semester.

And people are always walking in and out of lectures. Sometimes lecturers might get shitty cause of all the restlessness, but some lecture halls might have entries at the back, if you can go through the back its always better cause it minimizes the disturbance to other people and the lecturer. 15 mins late - isn't really late, thats usually when people rock up to lectures :p

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
lol, thanks... i'll just not walk in from the front and have everyone staring at me, or trip over down the stairs and just... argh, dont want to think about it...

who takes the tutorials? i read somewhere in a post that 'the lecturer might be taking the tut and will ahve to walk to the tut as well so dont worry about being late' but if they dont take it who would?

and ONLY 2? we only can miss TWO tutorials? THE WHOLE SESSION? ohhhh my god. what if i have a dentist appointment and then my car breaks down... :S:S:S that'll mean i FAIL!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you do happen to get sick and you have a medical certificate, they don't count that as missing a tutorial. You can have 2 unexplained absenses (great terminology, i don't think tutors like the word "jig" :p).

Some times lecturers take tutorials, however, tutors generally teach tutorials - they know heaps about the subject like the lecturer. And don't worry, the times that they say on the timetable, you can be about 10 mins late to tutorials (from my experience), although, last year, a tutor got shitty at everyone for being late, that she locked some of the class outside.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
thanks!!!!
i guess i'll just see how it goes. it sucks that i have already used up one of my 'unexplained absences' already, and i haven't even started!!!

i tried to register for acprep but its full already, so me and jodie emailed the lecturer/leader thingy person to see if there are any vacancies, who else is going?

Jonathan A

HSC
rekyj said:
and ONLY 2? we only can miss TWO tutorials? THE WHOLE SESSION? ohhhh my god. what if i have a dentist appointment and then my car breaks down... :S:S:S that'll mean i FAIL!

You can riggle out of things in extenuating circumstances. I doubt a dentist will force you to attend their surgery during a tute time, otherwise refuse to see you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)