missing a tutorial? (1 Viewer)

Khe123

HSC
N/A
Is it ok if I miss a 1hr MATH1131 tutorial (algebra) tomorrow? Tomorrow I would have to travel 1-1.5hrs 1 way (1 train 1 bus one way) and it would be my only tutorial or lecture then I would need to rush back to go to work. Coming weeks I'll probably be able to attend all tuts as I won't have work and have 2 more lectures on the same day. may I know the procedures if I miss a tut or whether it's not recommended? is there a limit of missed classes before it has an effect on my marks? i heard in maths they don't really take a roll every day but on my first lesson for MATH1131 calculus my teacher took them down so I'm not sure..

please someone give me some guidance, thanks!!

Last edited:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Look at your unit outline, how often do you have to attend in order to pass (it's usually about 80%)
You should be fine if the unit says you can miss 1 or 2

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
last sem my friend missed the tute like 5 times and he still end up with HD
i guess, it will only matter when u fail/almost pass the course

Khe123

HSC
N/A
last sem my friend missed the tute like 5 times and he still end up with HD
i guess, it will only matter when u fail/almost pass the course
ok thanks for the info, won't be missing 5 but may be missing 1-3 max. course outline says 80% minimum so I don't know what to think...i will only miss this to be on the safe side. i heard that 2 med certs. are allowed and they won't be counted as "missing a tut" - is this true? also finally, this would be my first tut for algebra so i don't know the name of my tutor. anyway I can find out before next week?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My tutor told us:

"Generally we don't mind how many tutorials you come to, just as long as you pass the course."

kimjuliana

HSC
My tutor told us:

"Generally we don't mind how many tutorials you come to, just as long as you pass the course."
Yep, I got told this too. The tutor also said the roll was only marked for statistical reasons or something like that. Ask your tutor. :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Maths... they don't really care about missing tutes. But if you're struggling with the work, you should go, obviously.

HSC
N/A
Maths...the only time they really care is if you apply for special consideration (if you were sick for the final say). Even if you miss the final for good reason they might not give you another go if you have been failing (< 40%) or rarely turning up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)