Misadventure - what should I do? (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Hey. Okay, well today I had my economics exam.
I had no sleep last night (not by choice but because I was shaking for some reason...) but later on that morning I started feeling queasy in the stomach, and put it down to nerves and lack of sleep.

About an hour into the exam it started to get really, really bad. I had to go to the toilet to make sure I wasn't going to vomit in front of everyone. The pain subsided for about ten minutes after that, but then it came back twice as worse and stayed with me for the remainder of the exam (nearly 2 hours). Although I was going pretty bad in the exam (despite feeling sick), I really couldn't concentrate properly, and the pain and uncomfort I had were nearly unbearable. With about 35 minutes left, I couldn't handle it anymore and just sat there trying not to cry (over the fact I failed, and the pain). I think it was noticable because the examiner lady asked me if I was ok. I told her I didn't feel well (as I told the one who took me to the bathroom).

What I was wondering is, is there anything I can do in terms of misadventure (I didn't get a form or anything today and don't know if I can still do so, but the ladies knew I was sick...) and if I can, should I do it? I did do the exam (not well) and would feel like a cheat even though I was genuinely sick (still am, bloody legal tomorrow). So yeah, any advice? I don't know what to do.

crimsonking

HSC
It's a bit hard for you know, no doctors certificate or any proof that you were sick. I guess the most you could do is get a doctor certificate for legal and try to use the same excuse for eco (unlikely to happen, but its worth a go). Or have a c...

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
crimsonking said:
It's a bit hard for you know, no doctors certificate or any proof that you were sick. I guess the most you could do is get a doctor certificate for legal and try to use the same excuse for eco (unlikely to happen, but its worth a go). Or have a c...
lol, you remember me...
I'm going to be doing the legal test regardless of if I'm sick or not, but if it gets worse I'll have to get a doctor's certificate for consideration. It's just that with eco (despite the fact I have had time to go to the doc) I didn't know I was sick until I was in the exam...Hmmm, my mum said she was going to ring the school tomorrow to see what she could do. I just doubt that there is anything I can do for economics.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
My advice would be to get get a misadventure form and fill it out for economics and also legal tomorrow if youre still not well. Then to take it straight to your doctor and get them to fill it out. There's a section on there for the supervisor/presiding officer to fill out and since you told two of them you were unwell you might have a chance. Its always worth trying.

Good luck for legal :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)