Misadventure/ illness Appeal (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
G.J.I said:
A relative of mine died, can i used that as a mis-adventure?
You can apply for EAS because of a dead relative or a close friend.

DoubleX

HSC
I had bronchitis and tracheitis for two weeks (got sick on the last day of the holidays). No study time whatsoever, bedridden for the two weeks, and missed my Japanese trial speaking (which was meant to be first week back).

So yeah, I think I'll be applying for this.

Robbie_1988

HSC
Hi folks.

On monday some girl at my sister's school missed one of her exams beacuse she simply had a fever and couldnt attend the exam. She went and got a doctor's certificate for it.

Is this a legit reason for absence from an examination?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Robbie_1988 said:
Hi folks.

On monday some girl at my sister's school missed one of her exams beacuse she simply had a fever and couldnt attend the exam. She went and got a doctor's certificate for it.

Is this a legit reason for absence from an examination?
Ethically? Not reaaaaally. You can take things for it you know.
I've done exams where i've been really really ill with the flu and not gotten misadventure for it. I just did it, caught a train home and died. It's all good.
I've never ever gotten a doctors certificate for anything either ^_^

Sometimes people abuse the system, which is annoying for those who are unfortunate enough to find themselves in not so positive circumstances, such as a death of a CLOSE relative etcetera, accidents, major illnesses.

Maybe it's just me but I do get annoyed at those few people who do abuse the system of misadventure appeals.... I do not intend for any offence caused/created.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Misadventure/Illness refers to things that affected you during the exam that you took.

The EAS is what you should apply for if you feel you have been affected throughout the HSC year.

When applying for Misadventure/Illness you must remember that it's not always a good thing. If your application for misadventure is upheld, you do not simply just get extra marks. Rather, you receive your HSC assessment mark as your HSC exam mark, resulting in a HSC mark that is equivalent to your HSC assessment mark. If you haven't performed extremely well in your assessment, and hope to do better in the final exam, a misadventure will not help you as you will receive a mark that is a reflection of your performance in your assessments.

King Tut

HSC
N/A
sure you can. i knew heard of someone that lost their father i think a month or 2 before the exams.... but the thing is you full gotta provide a death certificate and hospital details and documents n all kinda paperwork. It's serious stuff. BOS wants proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)