Misadventure/Illness appeal for trials (1 Viewer)

smartrosa

HSC
I was sick for the three days of my trials. My doctors certificate lasted three days, so i missed one exam but i sat the second two, because i wanted to get them over with and i thought it would be too much hassle to resit them later and i also wanted to do the same exam as all the others in my year, and not have to sit a different exam.

This was a big mistake because my first exam was English Adv. Paper 2, which is my hardest exam. I felt that i performed very badly, i didnt write well or write enough and i put all my energy into the first task and flunked the other two. Straight after I went to my teachers and said: Look, I don't think i performed to my potential, please can this exam not count, or can i get the better mark of either my exam or my last assessment mark. :(

They said they would take into consideration my Doctors Cert, but obviously they didnt because two of the tasks i got back were well below my average.

It also means i was only a few marks off ranking high in these exams, although its being really snobby and picky of me, i wonder wat sort of action i should take, i COULD appeal but seeing as i already had a certificate, do i need to officially? and it may be too late now, because its been more than two weeks since i sat it but i dont want these marks to drag me down! They are not my best performance and i was clearly affected by my sickness (which was a really bad chest infection/cough etc...)

Maybe im being to mark obssesed (but u have to be in HSC) and maybe its just a consequence because i sat it and i shoudnt have. But its not like i saw the mark and tried to complain, i told the teachers straight away that i didnt think i performed to my potential, and the marks show that.

Do i really need to officially appeal, or coz its just a trial can the teachers just give me an average?

:confused:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rosa.gollan said:
I was sick for the three days of my trials. My doctors certificate lasted three days, so i missed one exam but i sat the second two, because i wanted to get them over with and i thought it would be too much hassle to resit them later and i also wanted to do the same exam as all the others in my year, and not have to sit a different exam.

This was a big mistake because my first exam was English Adv. Paper 2, which is my hardest exam. I felt that i performed very badly, i didnt write well or write enough and i put all my energy into the first task and flunked the other two. Straight after I went to my teachers and said: Look, I don't think i performed to my potential, please can this exam not count, or can i get the better mark of either my exam or my last assessment mark. :(

They said they would take into consideration my Doctors Cert, but obviously they didnt because two of the tasks i got back were well below my average.

It also means i was only a few marks off ranking high in these exams, although its being really snobby and picky of me, i wonder wat sort of action i should take, i COULD appeal but seeing as i already had a certificate, do i need to officially? and it may be too late now, because its been more than two weeks since i sat it but i dont want these marks to drag me down! They are not my best performance and i was clearly affected by my sickness (which was a really bad chest infection/cough etc...)

Maybe im being to mark obssesed (but u have to be in HSC) and maybe its just a consequence because i sat it and i shoudnt have. But its not like i saw the mark and tried to complain, i told the teachers straight away that i didnt think i performed to my potential, and the marks show that.

Do i really need to officially appeal, or coz its just a trial can the teachers just give me an average?

:confused:

Ask whether or not the teacher did actually take into account what you said and find out what your school's policy actually is.

At my school, if you sit the exam that it is. We would advise a student not to sit the actual exam in that case rather than take the risk of a lower mark, but we would also make them sit a make-up exam to use as a guide to their result.

Genshin

HSC
i had glandular fever for the 4 weeks leading up to my trials, and coz i had a doctors cert i was able to appeal any that wernt up to my usual standard and have my garde improved up to my average..

XD

smartrosa

HSC
lionking1191 said:
so you got a dr's cert. but you took the exam anyway??

Yes, i know should have waited...
But i didnt, and now i want to know what to do

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Genshin said:
i had glandular fever for the 4 weeks leading up to my trials, and coz i had a doctors cert i was able to appeal any that wernt up to my usual standard and have my garde improved up to my average..

XD
omg are you ok now? i was so worried in y11 about getting g. fever ):

Genshin

HSC
wendus said:
omg are you ok now? i was so worried in y11 about getting g. fever ):
hey - yeah I back at school now still recovering a bit but massive improvement! haha

yeah apparently it is very common in yr12 - like a few weeks before i got it my economics teacher was telling us about how every year someone in his class gets g.fever and i was like i bet its me...

PREMONITIONS!! haha

worst timing tho - 1st week of the last term - gratz on timing ash! haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)