Mirrors in Change rooms (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Last week I went to the DFO at Homebush and i was amazed at how many shops don't have mirrors in their change rooms! I think practicallly every single clothes shop had mirrors outside the change room cubicle.

I know their forcing u to come out and see ur clothes in a better light, but they're actually achieving the opposite. Say u don't know how it looks and u feel self conscious so u don't go outside and have a look and hence you don't buy their clothes? Cause for bad business hey?

I was trying to on jeans at the Urban store and all they had was 3 tiny mirrors on the outside which was practically in the middle of the shop. I didn't mind coming outside...I wanted to show my mum anyway, but how daunting is it to walk outside in the middle of the shop and you have no idea what you look like!!??

I don't actually understand why this happens. lol Mirrors in the change rooms is ten times more efficient!

Ok, I just had to bitch about that lol Anyone else think it's stupid?

Jess-a_belle

HSC
its annoying, esp in stores where the attendants are like hawks, you walk out, and they r like, OMG that look FAAABULOUS... and youre just like, shut up. moron.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Jess-a_belle said:
its annoying, esp in stores where the attendants are like hawks, you walk out, and they r like, OMG that look FAAABULOUS... and youre just like, shut up. moron.
I totally agree. Sometimes I want to check out my butt or do something else that I'd be more comfortable doing while still in the changeroom.

I love David Jones changerooms where they have mirrors from all four sides and placed at certain angles so you can also see yourself from a distance.

I remember when I was shopping for my formal dress at Hart's and they had no mirrors inside changerooms. When I came out the saleswomen were all like "OMG! Not many people can pull that off! You have to buy it, it looks gorgeous!". I got intimidated and actually bought it, even though I didn't think it suited me that much.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
oh my god i cant stand it when theres no mirrors in the change room,
gotta walk out and then a bunch of people starts staring at you T______T

Kirika

HSC
esp when ur at a shop wher the change rooms automatically lock when the door shuts. then u are stuck, and the attendant is of talking to someone else and you are left looking stupid. :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Darkening said:
why dont u jus bring a friend in there with u ??
i agree

i'll be a shopping companion for any girls

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Darkening said:
why dont u jus bring a friend in there with u ??
haha if the rooms are big enough i usually let a friend in, or my mum comes in with me. hooray for the seats in change rooms.

kirika said:
esp when ur at a shop wher the change rooms automatically lock when the door shuts. then u are stuck, and the attendant is of talking to someone else and you are left looking stupid.
omg that happened to me twice at cotton on! it's so stupid. though the guy who opened it up to me was incredibly gorgeous, so i think by the 2nd time he thought i was doing it on purpose.

all i want is a mirror in the changeroom! lol

nataliie

HSC
i hate it when there's no mirrors in change rooms! i hate it even more when there's a queue of people outside the change rooms and when u come outside to look at yourself in the mirror the people in the queue flash u dirty looks. it feels like i'm being judged ... it's so bloody annoying ><

the BEST of BEST change rooms are in MYER!!! they're so roomy and spacey. also they've got mirrors on every corner so u can check urself out from every angle.

HSC
And I hate when theres a huge line waiting for the change rooms and on top of having to check out your outfit infront of everyone you also feel bad taking your time because heaps of people are waiting and people give you filthys lol.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
haha what i hate are change rooms with skinny mirrors... ie you get home and the stuff you bought doesn't look QUITE as good as it did in that shop :p

it's happened a couple of times :(

but yes, die shops with mirrorless change rooms!! especially when they also have overly enthusiastic shop assistants guarding your cubicle like a hawk and fawning over you when step out to face the music... "oh darling that looks fabulous yada yada yada"

gotta love myer's change rooms. the lingerie ones in burwood have a bed ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I really can't stand being bothered by sales assistants when I go clothes shopping. I like to be acknowledged when I walk in the store (this more goes for when the story is empty--I hate it when you get sales girls who are too rude to acknowledge you) but thats it--I don't like them trying to help me pick stuff, and I HATE them knocking on changeroom doors and telling you you look fabulous in their stuff.

I was in bras and things a little while ago and the lady just opened the curtain and stuck her head in and asked if I needed any different sizes. I immediately got dressed and left the store. I realise we're all women, but if I want your help I will ask.

Lennie

Having the mirrors outside the changerooms is actually a selling technique. It allows the sales assistant to be more instrumental in forcing the product onto the customer and offering add ons etc. etc.

I hate it.

I hardly ever try stuff on in places like that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
it's so stupid. though the guy who opened it up to me was incredibly gorgeous
If this is cotton on in centrepoint area, my gaydar says you're out of luck.

Darkening

HSC
isnt there camera in some of the rooms ... lol if u want a 2nd oppinion write on the wall "DOES THIS LOOK GOOD ON ME" and the camera might nod yes or no ... lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I suppose so long as you're given appropriate warning it'd be fine, but then the law can be fickle and silly sometimes.

HSC
Mirrors in changerooms generally annoy me. They're too small as is, and while getting changed I routinely bang my elbows, shoulders, forehead, and whatever else, against the walls (Depending of course on how tiny the changeroom is). Having mirrors on the walls complicates this issue further.

If it's a roomy changeroom though, yeah, I dig them.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Hmm by entering the changeroom (aware of a camera monitoring it) you consented to its use...

If it could be proved that there was reasonable suspicion of theft taking place in the changerooms then I think legally it would be OK.

On the other hand were I female I would NOT use a changeroom monitored in such a way - furthermore I would not shop in that store. As a male it is less of a concern however I would still avoid it and my purchasing would be limited to things I'm comfortable trying on out in the shop eg t-shirts, etc.

As far as the mirrors thing - it is a clever marketing technique however I don't really object to it for two reasons. Sometimes I want to be helped by the staff - that is when I think they're making the right call, afterall just because they say something looks good doesnt mean I loose my own judgement. Tarocash in penrith is great for good help. The other scenario is it is a non-invasive etc way of involving a boyfriend in the shopping. eg it is generally frowned upon for a boyfriend to go into the changeroom and having the mirrors outside keeps us involved eg we get less bored shopping with you....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)