Minsters Awards for Excellence (1 Viewer)

swangal

hey just wondering if ne1 that uses this site received a Ministers Award for Excellence (only given 2 public school ppl)a few weeks bak?
n if u did- how are these looked upon by schools n stuff? r they considered as being a prety prestigious awawrd or wat?

just wonderin....

shoo

what do u get the award 4? yr 12, yr 11, sort of like dux? what?

chris42

HSC
What would you have to have done to get the award, like what does the award show ?

swangal

they only award one per school-and not every school gets one. nah u had to be goin pretty good academically, but contribute to the community n play sport n just be invovled with the school. Its for combined achievements over both year 11 and 12, and the prinicpal ans staff nominate u 4 it. (only 45 ppl in state get it)

chris42

HSC
np's, I know I got an award that sounds a bit similar to that from my school, but i'm pretty sure its a award that only my school has.

chris42

HSC
The thing is most big awards tend to be all rounders, don't you find?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think a few ppl here got that...spice girl, timmii, kini mini, turtle etc
search posts to around December 2002 and u might find out

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
I think the vice captain from our school received one...dunnno if its the same one though..

networkmaster

HSC
<table summary="" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="bodytext" valign="top">Minister's Award for Excellence in Student Achievement </td> </tr> <tr><td valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td alt="" background="/media/images/img_dottedLine_tile.gif" height="1">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" valign="top">
This Award is for current Year 12 students enrolled in NSW public schools. Students are nominated on the basis of achievement throughout their high school years but with particular recognition of excellence in Years 11 and 12, with reference to excellence in academic, sporting and cultural achievements as well as leadership in and contribution to the school community.
The Award is designed to recognise the importance of the following core values to the community as outlined in the Ministerial Statement, Values in NSW Public Schools: integrity, excellence, respect, responsibility, cooperation, participation, care fairness and democracy
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thats from the DET site.....

Has anyone here actually won one?

I've been nominated. Almost forgot about it until mum mentioned it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)