Minoans (1 Viewer)

^bindy^

HSC
hey i was just studying for my ancient trials and realised i have nothing on the dot point in the syllabus Role of Gournia and Zakros and its not in my text book or anything
so i was just wondering if any one can tell me about them especially gournia i have a little on zakros but all i no about gournia is it has something to do with trade

please help it would be much appreciated

M3E3L3

HSC
hey i got a little bit about Gournia wot is it exactly that you need?
ive got info on housing, trade, palace, an public shrine
so let me know n i might be able to help

^bindy^

HSC
hey thanks well i dont really know anything about it so i guess what evers important or what ever we will need to know
ps my test is tomorrow

HSC
just remeber the American female archaeologist Harriet Boyd discovered the whole town and Gournia reveals much of industries of Minoan Crete; textile, artisan(woodworketc) as well as olive presses and perfume making.
good luck in ur exam :-D

Toranaman

HSC
Gournia is one of the main non-palace discoveries which as the realier thread said was more about industry and trade. It was a key trading point. As for Zarko it is one of the 4 major palace's found. Here is a link to a site discussing both locations and discoveries http://www.uk.digiserve.com/mentor/minoan/zakros.htm
Zarko is useful in talking about religion and the relationship between peak sanctuaries and palace shrines. (Peaks went out of use when there lower palace shrine went out of use)

Anyway i could talk about this all day

Hope This helped:)

^bindy^

HSC
hey thanks ahhh i have my exam in like a hour scarrey, but im excied cause its my last one (YAY 4 day weekend haha)

so ill just remember for gournia boyd found it good for evidence of trade houses etc
and for zakros good for relgion n i also read in the resources a good port for shipping and trade

thanks again i was stressing about this point cause i had no idea n ppl said they ofeten ask it

well better go do last minuite cramming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)