Mining Questions (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Im interning in mining this summer so if you have any questions please post them here and ill try to help as much as possible. Bear in mind I wont be able to answer during my work days as im usually working 12-13 hours.

Miner

HSC
Good for you.

Coal or Metaliferious? Above Ground or Underground?

So which site are you at? What work are they allowing you to do? Are you enjoying it?

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I work in Metaliferious. Above ground. In the Pilbara. I do whatever the geos do there. It's great as im not stuck in an office reading stuff or photocopying. I am attached to my supervisor.

Definately enjoying it, although not so much my time in Perth as I get really bored.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
What are some good companies to apply for next year? i.e. pick a lot of students.

You don't have to mention the company you work for.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you are Chem Eng, look at oil/gas companies or BHP. Most other miners are recruiting less people because of falling metals prices.

I think you will find it competitive if you go for larger companies. Smaller companies will have smaller intakes but much less applicants. Maybe ask your lecturers?

Miner

HSC
velox said:
Definately enjoying it, although not so much my time in Perth as I get really bored.
Are the company putting you up in Perth, or do you have to do that yourself. Are they flying you back to your home state in your weeks off, or just to Perth?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Miner said:
Are the company putting you up in Perth, or do you have to do that yourself. Are they flying you back to your home state in your weeks off, or just to Perth?
Ive got a place here, so its all good. It's not worth flying back home. Im having an epic time here in Perth/on site now, so im glad im here.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
M@ster P said:
How are your working conditions?
I work outside for most of the day, so its usually around 40 degrees. Although we do leave the landcruiser on for most of the day and sit inside with air con on when we have to wait for drillers. Work hours are 6-6. So get home around 5:30-6:30 depending on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)