Minimum quotas for women on boards (1 Viewer)

Do you believe the govt should set a minimum quota for women on boards?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Source: AFR.
BCA's radical gender targets.
50 pc of senior roles filled by women within a decade.
CEOs to be tested for bias.
The Business Council of Australia is pushing radical meaures to promote women into senior excutive jobs, including regular testing of chief excutives and board members for uncoscious gender bias and female only hiring short lists. Suggesting that a range of inherent biases have produced a male gendered concept of "merit based assessment."

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Do you believe the govt should set a minimum quota for women on boards?

I believe that women are dying of shame in the workplace knowing that they don't meaure up to men. Men are more effective than women as company directors and Chief Executive Officers.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

Do you believe that females are less effective than men in the workplace?
Ten ways that woman differ from men in the workplace.
Source: AFR
In many companies, the only way you ever get a promotion is to threaten to leave. It can be a high stakes game and requires a certain confidence that your boss really would be lost without you.
And while it has always been recommended that women in a male-dominated world should learn the rules and play by them, it often just doesn’t work.
Behaviours that are tolerated and, to some extent, expected from men would become career clangers if I tried them. Most women know this, but sometimes it needs to be explained to men who still can’t get their heads around how things are different for us.
Feedback from recruitment firms indicates men are treated more favourably than women if they say they will quit unless they get a promotion or more money, according to research prepared by the Business Council of Australia for its report on increasing the participation of women in senior roles.
The BCA released the report, Increasing the Number of Women in Senior Executive Positions: Improving Recruitment, Selection and Retention Practices, this week.
“Females are generally less likely to make such threats in the first place and [are] condemned if they do,” the researchers say.
The BCA has collected a number of examples where women’s behaviours may be misconstrued in their approaches to their careers.
“While neither all women, nor all men, reflect these behaviours, they appear sufficiently often for those interviewed to raise them as meaningful generalisations, or even stereotypes, that interviewers and decision-makers might watch out and adjust for throughout the process of recruitment, appointment and promotion,” the report advises.
1.“I don’t play politics”. Women may be less proactive and more conservative than men in their career management (often labelling it as politics) and more reluctant than men to ask for a role (even when they are equally or more capable of doing it, and equally or more ambitious). This could be due to women receiving a less positive response than men when they adopt the same career advancement strategies as men.
2. Money matters, not brain power. They may gravitate early in their careers to brain-challenging roles rather than revenue-generating roles in the mistaken belief, left over from school and university, that proving themselves intellectually will win promotions.
3.Doing more for less. They are less likely to ask for more money for added responsibilities and may not ask for as much as men when discussing remuneration. This leaves them less satisfied and may undermine retention of women.
4.Hyping up. Men’s CVs and job interview responses tend to focus on the positive, identify concrete successes, appear more analytical and objective (due to language and style) about successes and claim ownership of them. They also assume they will get the role, where women are more likely to expect rejection.
5.Underselling. Men are more likely to claim to meet all role requirements. Women may be more likely to say they may not have all the requisites for a role – even when they have equal or more role requirements than male candidates.
6.Super-prepared. Women prepare better for interviews and bring notes and presentations in an effort to cover all bases. They may also ask more questions than men in an effort to prove their preparation for the interview. This may give the impression they need to know the answers, or are unsure about the role, or are micro-managers.
7.Style conscious. Women may be more likely to have thought about their leadership style because it is often under so much scrutiny and more likely to have been criticised earlier in their careers. However, they are less likely than men to have ready lists of their individual achievements.
8.Inclusive interviewees. Women may try to address all interviewers in the room, whereas men may tend to favour the alpha male.
9.Saving the best till last. Women may think out loud or tell a story with outcomes at the end. Men tend to think through an answer first and articulate outcomes up front. This may lead interviewers to regard men as being more insightful or decisive because their thinking process is hidden from them.
10.Don’t nitpick. Women, particularly when internal candidates, may be culturally less inclined to raise concerns directly with interviewers about the role and any imperfections in its design or relationship with other roles.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

I am on the side of Tony Abbott when he says that the primary role of women in society is to be the carers, nurtures and homemakers.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I am on the side of Tony Abbott when he says that the primary role of women in society is to be the carers, nurtures and homemakers.
Of course you are...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Someone ban this kid already.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

How dumb are you? I have not violated the code of conduct of Bored of Studies.
I think that is a question you need to ask yourself. Think about it ... And come back to me later.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

I think that is a question you need to ask yourself. Think about it ... And come back to me later.
Get stuffed. You are an absolute parasite.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad

I believe that women are dying of shame in the workplace knowing that they don't meaure up to men. Men are more effective than women as company directors and Chief Executive Officers.

Gee where have I heard this before?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

Gee where have I heard this before?
When Sathius was talking about assimilation and I blasted him for his ignorance.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

When Sathius was talking about assimilation and I blasted him for his ignorance.
Your comments have no consequence what so ever. There have been no ignorance on my part.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks, lick on these nuts and suck the dick.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm convinced that Sathius005 isn't real, but actually a neoconservative simulation algorithm based on the right wing leaders of Australia with the purpose of creating threads for its own sake. How else can someone be so prolific?

Looks like the program has started analysing Alan Jones.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Calm down mate, nerd will call his mate big btx3 to destroy you "1v1 IRL CUNT" as he likes to say.

Agree on the ban though, sathius005 is a "parasite"

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm convinced that Sathius005 isn't real, but actually a neoconservative simulation algorithm based on the right wing leaders of Australia with the purpose of creating threads for its own sake. How else can someone be so prolific?

Looks like the program has started analysing Alan Jones.
HAHA yes that's it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)