Mid year transfer (1 Viewer)

danjw

HSC
Hey guys so basically I'm currently at UNSW where I'm doing advanced science and I've decided due to both financial and personal reasons next semester I'm going to transfer to Newcastle university to do business/commerce. I have a high enough atar to get in plus about another 25 points haha.
My question is if I was to not do to well in one of my courses this semester (which obviously won't count towards my degree anyway) do I have to transfer the credit and have a fail on my transcript or can I choose not to?

danjw

HSC
I am of course referring to my science courses from this semester haha.

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
You can transfer to another uni after a year i believe and it would take into consideration your gpa. But if you did really badly they'll look at your atar.

1. Credit transfer will apply for some of your units, but keep in mind they'll just be under free electives and you will have to start from scratch because your science degree won't be covering any of the commerce core, unless you have done some science units this year.

2. Unis usually have a form for students to fill out for credit transfer if you don't want to fill it out thats up to you. Once you transfer you start fresh and your new transcript won't have any fails on it if that is what you mean

danjw

HSC
You can transfer to another uni after a year i believe and it would take into consideration your gpa. But if you did really badly they'll look at your atar.

1. Credit transfer will apply for some of your units, but keep in mind they'll just be under free electives and you will have to start from scratch because your science degree won't be covering any of the commerce core, unless you have done some science units this year.

2. Unis usually have a form for students to fill out for credit transfer if you don't want to fill it out thats up to you. Once you transfer you start fresh and your new transcript won't have any fails on it if that is what you mean
Okay great yeah basically I was referring to your second point just that I may not want to transfer credit, that's excellent. And yeah I spoke to some people and I can transfer now as I'll essentially just be joining the uni mid year entry and just not picking up courses at UNSW or something I'm not 100% how it works but yeah.
Thanks for the reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)