Mid year admissions (1 Viewer)

ohne

HSC
I have a friend who did the HSC and got a UAI of almost 90 last year but did not apply for uni. He now wants to come to UNSW to do civil, electrical or mechanial engineering. Is this possible using last years UAI?

@lbert3269

I wouldn't have a clue but i don't see why not...

Btw.. would uni allow a mid-year transfer from another uni ? (Asking for a friend of mine)

ohne

HSC
Originally posted by @lbert3269

Btw.. would uni allow a mid-year transfer from another uni ? (Asking for a friend of mine)
I dunno. According to the undergraduate handbook. Internal transfers are possible in some courses mid year. I have no idea about coming to UNSW from outside though.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Your friend has to apply thru UAC, if he/shes a local student
You cannot apply directly to UNSW

2004 mid-year admissions
Applications for 2004 mid-year admissions through UAC will open in early April 2004. Courses and information on how to apply will be available then. Not all institutions participate in mid-year admissions and institutions that are participating do not offer a full range of courses for mid-year.

laney

HSC
no, you can use your uai for 2 years only. after that it's based on your uni grades.

as for applying mid-session. i applied last year mid-session. it's very hard to get in. you have to be really good. i didn't get my mid session offer. i found out that i didn't get it for 2 reasons: my uai probalby wasn't high enough, and also many courses don't have any vacancies for new students.

i do however know, that someone applied for civil midsession from overseas and got in last year mid session. i don't know how her grades were, but i know she's clever, and probably her grades from overseas were high.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by laney
no, you can use your uai for 2 years only. after that it's based on your uni grades..
oh shit a brick, are you for real :(

laney

HSC
johnson, yes i'm for real.
i guess, make sure you pick a course you like, or make sure you do well.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
so im doing BSc/BA right now...
BA is the same UAI so if i wanted to do a mid year transfer would they use my UAI or my first semester marks?

ohne

HSC
Originally posted by laney
no, you can use your uai for 2 years only. after that it's based on your uni grades.

as for applying mid-session. i applied last year mid-session. it's very hard to get in. you have to be really good. i didn't get my mid session offer. i found out that i didn't get it for 2 reasons: my uai probalby wasn't high enough, and also many courses don't have any vacancies for new students.

i do however know, that someone applied for civil midsession from overseas and got in last year mid session. i don't know how her grades were, but i know she's clever, and probably her grades from overseas were high.
Thanks for your help. Did you apply for engineering at UNSW? Was your UAI lower than about 88?

laney

HSC
ohne,
yes i applied for engineering. and i also applied for engineering/science. yes my UAI was less than 88.

after having spoken to someone about WHY i didn't get in, i was told of about 30 people who applied to get into the course i wanted to do, no one got in - there just weren't vacancies. so don't get your hopes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)