mid-course exams (1 Viewer)

asl2

has any one had their half yearlies yet?

we had ours today... I;ll scan it when we get it back...

please upload your xams as well !!!!

cya

wednesday

hey,
nah ours start on the 31st of march
we don't have bio until the second week though, i dont think i can upload but i'l let ya know how it went!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats cool. i will post up my exam once i get mine back and i will let u guys know as well [probz via thise forum]. mind u, my exam is not until next term, but i guess u can use it for revision.

what topics were assesed? blue print and maintaning balance?

mazz

hey look! ????
ARGHHHHHHHH mines tomorrow and im shitting myself!!!! Ive studied a bit but i still know nohting compared to what we need... ohh and i also fojd out about 30 minytes ago that i need to learn pracs and im like WTF theres like 14 pracs in one topic how am i supposed to know them and what about them am supposed to know... so yeah im preparing to fail 10% at least its not THAT much but still every % counts

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by mazz
ARGHHHHHHHH mines tomorrow and im shitting myself!!!! Ive studied a bit but i still know nohting compared to what we need... ohh and i also fojd out about 30 minytes ago that i need to learn pracs and im like WTF theres like 14 pracs in one topic how am i supposed to know them and what about them am supposed to know... so yeah im preparing to fail 10% at least its not THAT much but still every % counts
Try not to stress too much, the pracs dont make up a large part of exams (generally you only get one prac to write about) and a lot of them can be answered without having actually done them. As long as youve read the book and know it you should be fine. And anyway the earlier assessments arent as heavily weighted as the later ones. This is probably a bit late but you'll be fine, just dont stress a lot:)

Last edited:

wednesday

yeh tooheyz i heard or got told rather that the exam is just blueprint and maintaining a balance thank god! at least thats one thing in our favour :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
our school is weird, we did blueprint as our 1st hsc topic, n now we are doing search for better health. both topics are in our 1/2 yearly, which is less than 2 wks away.

Halidon

hey everyone,
yeah, our half-yearly exams start on the 2nd of April - will try to upload our exam.
our exam is on maintaining a balance and blueprint although we haven't even covered everything in blueprint yet! our teacher is lost!
i know it sounds like i'm blaming it on our teacher but we have had 3 teachers this year already! it is really hard to learn new stuff when teachers are coming and going. it has been a really bad start to our year in bio.:mad:

schooly

hi everyone, was wodneirng if those people that have already done their mid to upload them as an attachment or somehting, i got mine on next wednesday (26th march) and would wish to do some of the exams for practice because i really am not confident for this exam at all

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by wednesday
yeh tooheyz i heard or got told rather that the exam is just blueprint and maintaining a balance thank god! at least thats one thing in our favour :D
yeah just those 2 topics is alot though! hahah i was quickly just making myself notes for starting to study for my exams [next term] and i realised how much stuff needs to be known!

but yeah, i will upload my exam when i get it back for revision for u guys. :)

wednesday

your exams are next term?????

how lucky are you!!!

but then again u have to spend ur holiday studying a lot...whereas i will spend my holiday finding 40 articles for my legal media file :( mmmm im not sure who has the better deal here anymore.....where abouts do u go to school at?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah first 2 weeks of next term! its cool but it sucks at the same time! i dont get to have a holiday, have to spend it studyin (to trying to study anyway!)

media file?! LOL yeah my legal friends r doing that as well! they have this 1m pile of newspaprers that they collected for legal! hahahah

yeah i've got to do this media file thing for english... havent started that.

Akira_Tikira

Hi
I did my Biology exams today, and it was so easy, I couldn't believe it when I saw the paper. I mean half of it was simply copy syllabuse dot points, I can't believe biology has become a copy and paste subject.

Anyway good luck in your Biology examination, simply unlike they will ask you a prac in Blueprint to life but most likely Maintaining a Balance.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We don't have half yearlys, our assessments are spread out evenly. For Bio (and other sciences) we have 4 assessments worth 15% (1 each term) and then the trial HSC is worth 40%

I've got a test on Friday on Blueprint of Life :(

Last term we had a prac exam on Maintaining a Balance.

We did HSC assessments in term 4 last year, from what I have heard a lot of schools don't seem to do that...... I had a maths test at the end of last year worth 25% of my HSC assessment! Scary.... lucky I did pretty well.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
we did a maintaining a balance prac exam a couple of weeks ago as an assesment. you basically got given an enzyme and had to see how long it took to work in different temperatures (using water baths)... wasn't too difficult, although the questions they asked us on it were a little tricky!

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
from memory our half yearly prac for bio was the most basic thing i have ever done in my life!

its funny, last year our half yearlies werent til wekk 5 and 6 of term 2, same thing as this year, most schools had theirs at the end of term 1. i liked my extra prep time. (not that i opened a bio book)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
we did a maintaining a balance prac exam a couple of weeks ago as an assesment. you basically got given an enzyme and had to see how long it took to work in different temperatures (using water baths)... wasn't too difficult, although the questions they asked us on it were a little tricky!
yeah my bio prac was like that too. it wasnt too hard. though i did make some stupid STUPID mistakes. i was really annoyed!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
We had a bean counting prac for genetics last year, but for some reason the teacher gave us the EXACT same assessment prac as the practise one we did in class:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)