• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Microsoft Windows Vista (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
longhorn reminds me of that rooster in the warner brothers cartoons.

jonathan109

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Vista just means 'view'
...bleh what a boring name.

Widows 'Vista'

They should just call it windows 2005 :p

It's not a boring name, it holds good meanings

Vista: Noun
1 - A view, especially a splendid view from a high position.
2 - A possible future action or event that you can imagine.

It's about the experience this version of Windows will bring out, notice the first definition "a splendid view from a high position".

In this version of Windows, we are introduced with a tier-based User Experience, where the higher performance (high position) your computer system is, a more better experience (splendid) you will get.

Others have stated that Longhorn sounded better, i think it's just a matter of time of how much the name grows into you. Furthermore, they won't name their product after a ski resort, it was a codename.

Keen

MD
HSC
When's it going to come out (approx)?

Keen

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
c|net said:
Using a similar sarcastic tone, blogger Veggiedude sees "VISTA" as an acronym for "the top five Windows problems: virses, infections, spyware, trojans and adware," he wrote.
hahaha, that's clever!

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
As soon as i heard the announcement i went and started registering domain names..

Ive set up a site at VistaHelpForums.com. Go there if you want to discuss Vista!, Early birds will get to be mods (if you want to)

Hopefully the site will go well.

Last time i set up a site it was VCE version of this. BoredOfStudies had their version up in about 2 months then all the traffic just went to them. Hehe.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
Vista is basically the initial longhorn, but with all the interesting bits and peices taken out of it. Eg. WinFS and the list goes on.
Microsoft is dead in the water as far as inovation goes. the only thing that will keep them from sinking now is the xBox 360 - which will float them for a few years at least.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
JimmyK said:
Vista is basically the initial longhorn, but with all the interesting bits and peices taken out of it. Eg. WinFS and the list goes on.
Microsoft is dead in the water as far as inovation goes. the only thing that will keep them from sinking now is the xBox 360 - which will float them for a few years at least.

i dissagree, i reckon vista will have alot of new and interesting bits about it

jonathan109

HSC
N/A
JimmyK said:

By posting that, you show how stupid and how ignorant you are. So don't speak about Vista/Longhorn anymore.

WinFS is the only core pillar stripped from the RTM release, the remaining core pillars are still in it. WinFS will still ship, but after the release of Vista, WinFS should be almost near completion and be available as a free add-on for owners of Vista.

"and the list goes on"

Yeah right bud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)