Microsoft Windows Longhorn WinHEC Build 4074 Preview 2 (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
pack a new theme in and everyone is like OHHHHHH

come on it's microsoft....

win3.1=win3.11
win95=win98=winME
winNT=win2k=winXP=winLongHorn...

nothing special
just new skins....which once things settle down, people are going to rip it apart with new skins and themes

what kind of difference are people expecting from longhorn? the same difference from 2K to Xp....a theme change...

yeh yeh 64bit cpu support...take note that there is only a very small amount of people with 64bit cpus, and an even smaller percentage of software which supports 64bit....
just like hyper-threading technology...it's there as a marketing term at the moment

i honestly agree with intel, even though i don't like them, and their plan with 64bit cpus...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
nah, longhorn will be a significant change from xp...

95 --> 98 --> me all had significan't changes even though they looked the same.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by redslert
pack a new theme in and everyone is like OHHHHHH

come on it's microsoft....

win3.1=win3.11
win95=win98=winME
winNT=win2k=winXP=winLongHorn...

nothing special
just new skins....which once things settle down, people are going to rip it apart with new skins and themes

what kind of difference are people expecting from longhorn? the same difference from 2K to Xp....a theme change...

yeh yeh 64bit cpu support...take note that there is only a very small amount of people with 64bit cpus, and an even smaller percentage of software which supports 64bit....
just like hyper-threading technology...it's there as a marketing term at the moment

i honestly agree with intel, even though i don't like them, and their plan with 64bit cpus...
You have no right to speak my friend, because you know nothing about longhorn.

64 Bit should be the new transition in processing power, if everyone thought like you we will never ever make it to the day of having most users converted to 64 bit. It's also people like you who lack the support for 64 bit initially causing fewer people wanting to develop for 64 Bit.

Hyper-Threading. What are you talking about.

Intel was rather strange to reverse engineer AMD's 64 Bit processors. :p...

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Longhorn has for core pillars, Avalon, WinFS, Indigo and Fundamentals, each are big steps in improving the OS so drastic, it's hard to sum it up in a line. Longhorn is going to bring so much improvements to both users, and developers, .NET developers will be extremely advantaged at this point as well. It's quite interesting with GUI wise, because Longhorn will break history with offering tiered user experience, basically because some people are eye candy type and some people don't care about it much, they are offering 3 different GUI modes right now, each mode is based on your graphics card's processing power, so if you have a low ended graphics card, the high level GUI rendering engine namely "Aero Glass" won't work for you, however a lower ended GUI that will work better for your graphics card will be enabled, and a high ended graphics card right now from what they say isn't too much demanding, AGP 4X and at least 64 Megs, now come on, not too much to ask for, i mean a 128 meg with AGP 4x wouldn't break your budget at present, so in 2 years time i'm sure that kind of gfx card won't even cost as much.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
I like BETA testing, not because i enjoy being a guinea pig, but because i like the progression throughout the development and how things evolve and also why things were done at a certain way, and also by the time the product is RTM i'll be fairly proficient at using it. So far i've only BETA tested Office 2003, Windows Messenger 5.0, and right now Windows Update V4.

I hope i get into the Longhorn BETA's once it kicks off.
Originally posted by fatmuscle
yeah, beta testing is great.

only if u have the time.

and if u want the risk of wasting even more time resintalling / backing up if the beta goes wrong with your system. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)