Totally forgotten...

All I can remember is:

Education and deterrence...

Ta

dezzy

HSC
coercion

I actually thought there were only 2 methods of prevention:

Situational- making it harder for crimes to be committed e.g. use of security camera's. neighbourhood watch, etc

Social- programs that attempt to modify behaviour and develop self-discipline

I could be wrong, but i thought they were the 2 methods of crime prevention?

MouNtY

yeah i think theres only two.....Situational Crime Prevention, and Social Crime Prevention

Education and deterrance is like purposes for punishment (Enforcing the law through punishment). This also includes things like Rehab, and Retribution

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
social crime prevention
-education
-regulation
-coercion

situational crime prevention (separate)

its in a textbook

MouNtY

Coercion comes under "creating social order". Its like finding different ways to maintain social order

overthaedge

HSC
Lol, you've got them all mixed up...

Social order is created through regulation, education and coercion

Crime prevention is through situational and social

Purpose of punishment is either rehabilitation, deterrence, retribution, restorative justice and incapacitation.

But Jeniffers right, they give you it all in the syllabus, basically if you can remember that right, you'll be fine lol.

Teoh

...ta

I still don't know how to answer a questoin about it though?
Will there be a case study, and i discuss the situation/social characteristics of it??

overthaedge

HSC
Teoh said:
...ta

I still don't know how to answer a questoin about it though?
Will there be a case study, and i discuss the situation/social characteristics of it??
Oh okay, there was a question in the Catholic trials, townie posted it in the forum, itll basically be a question saying "With reference to the above scenario and your knowledge discuss the different methods of crime prevention"

So yeah, just define both types give examples of the lack of situational crime prevention in the scenario, and examples of social crime prevention from elsewhere...

So examples of social crime prevention would include, targetting the offender or potential offenders home environment, education, or if you've heard of this thing in Epping called "the Shack" where those from different environments come and talk to each other sharing their experiences, just figure out a way to tie it all in.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)