Methodology Used in Cloning? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Another dot point I don't have notes on:

-process information from secondary sources to describe a methodology used in cloning

huh? Can anyone help on this one?

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
nuclear transfer, e.g. cloning of 'Dolly' (the ewe)

1. cell taken from the mammary glands of an ewe and placed in a low nutrient culture. this starves the cell and stops it from duplicating.
2. unfertilised egg taken from another ewe and nucleus (with its DNA) is removed
3. the two cells are placed next to each other and a small charge of electricity is applies. this mimics the burst of energy at fertilisation, causing the two cells to fuse and replication to begin.
4. resulting embryo placed in surrogate ewe.

amyb

if you have either 'Biology in Context, or the Excel study guide, 2 different processes are in those. Let me know if you want me to paste them for you on here.

kitty-kate

HSC
N/A
amyb said:
if you have either 'Biology in Context, or the Excel study guide, 2 different processes are in those. Let me know if you want me to paste them for you on here.

can you paste either one or both of them on please

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kitty-kate said:
can you paste either one or both of them on please
they haven't posted in almost 4 years so don't hold tight for a response.

^That's not the best one but hopefully someone can get you a copy of the ones from the book

djraven87

School or at home doing school work :( or BOSing
HSC
Um....

I have an assignment where i have to write an essay on this dot point.. :confused:
I have to include TWO methods that are used to create exact genetic copies.. along qith two succesful exaples..

I don't have any difficulty with the second part i'm just getting so many different answers to the first part..

Are the two methods:
1. Cloning an animal from an embryo and cloning an animal from a cell taken from the adult (from the HSC Excel Biology book - but it doesn't talk about plants.. is that normal? Can plants be cloned?? :uhoh:)
OR is it:
2. Artificial embryo twinning and somatic nuclear tranfer?

So much confusion!!

Thanks for your help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)