Metal music (1 Viewer)

Red_of_Head

HSC

Any opinions on Martin van Drunen's vocals (see above)? I've found they can be pretty polarising.

Last edited:

calamebe

HSC

Any opinions on Martin van Drunen's vocals (see above)? I've found they can be pretty polarising.
I thought his vocals were fairly good. Not the best I've heard and a bit unorthodox, but still good. What are your thoughts? I'm guessing you also like them as you posted it.

Red_of_Head

HSC
I thought his vocals were fairly good. Not the best I've heard and a bit unorthodox, but still good. What are your thoughts? I'm guessing you also like them as you posted it.
Guessed right. Asphyx and Vader got me into harsh vocals.

calamebe

HSC
Guessed right. Asphyx and Vader got me into harsh vocals.

Yeah that's a really good song, I can see how bands like those can get you into harsh vocals. For me, as I was 11 when I was getting into metal, it was more nu metal stuff -> amon amarth, and then I kinda stopped listening to music that much, and then last year I got into it heaps again. My route seems like a much more casual one than yours haha.

Red_of_Head

HSC
Yeah that's a really good song, I can see how bands like those can get you into harsh vocals. For me, as I was 11 when I was getting into metal, it was more nu metal stuff -> amon amarth, and then I kinda stopped listening to music that much, and then last year I got into it heaps again. My route seems like a much more casual one than yours haha.
I guess metalcore would've been my first experience with harsher vocals, but I reckon there's a big gap between metalcore screams and extreme metal's vocals.

calamebe

HSC
I guess metalcore would've been my first experience with harsher vocals, but I reckon there's a big gap between metalcore screams and extreme metal's vocals.
Oh yeah definitely. I think it would be hard for metalcore to attain the popularity it had if the common vocals were comparable to anything in extreme metal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)