Metal Gear Online (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Whiel I dont have a PS3, I've been watching the beta test to see what Metal Gear Online is like as it's one of the reasons I'd get the console. However, it seems Kojima didn't budget enough server space as the North American servers have been innundated and the beta has had to have been postponed twenty-four hours to sort everything out.

I'm betting there's a lot of frustratd gamers in North America right now. It goes without saying that a lot of XBox fanboys will use this as ammunition in their demands to have Guns of the Patriots on the 360, because "this kind of thing would never happen with Microsoft".

And not a few will listen ...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Just watched a few you tube videos of it.

looks pretty good. Does the online game come with MGS 4 ? or is it a stand alone game.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Just watched a few you tube videos of it.

looks pretty good. Does the online game come with MGS 4 ? or is it a stand alone game.
It'll be bundled with MGS4, so it will be available to play on June 12th.

However, the beta won't be starting for a few days until Konami sort out the server issues (I'm hearing the 25th-26th). They are, however, extending the beta by a week to compensate.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I'm betting there's a lot of frustratd gamers in North America right now. It goes without saying that a lot of XBox fanboys will use this as ammunition in their demands to have Guns of the Patriots on the 360, because "this kind of thing would never happen with Microsoft".
what the fuck are you talking about

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
what the fuck are you talking about
360 owners have been calling for MGS4 to be ported over to their system. They've had a whole host of arguments about how the 360 will guarantee better sales and the like, but their calls have fallen on deaf ears.

I've already heard a few arguments among som of my friends that because of the server troubles, MGS4 should be on the XBox. I know MGO and MGS4 are not the same game, but they're shipping together; Guns of the Patriots will contain a Metal Gear Online account. The argument is that XBox Live haven't had the server overload problems Konami have been experiencing, so MGO will have a better run on XBox Live. And because MGO ships with MGS4, they should ship together onto the 360.

It's a pretty thin argument, but some 360 owners who think they stand a chance of getting MGS4 - even after Kojima shot it down - are listening.

Now, have I extrapolated that enough?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
now now now we've had this discussion before i think. exclusives aren't good for consumers, full stop. it's only natural for someone to want a game as massive as mgs4 on their system. i for one would love to see metal gear solid 4 on x360 but i'm much too in the know to realize that this will be highly, highly unlikely.

what's it to you anyway? are ya gonna die a little on the inside if by some strange divine intervention this comes out on the 360?

fanboys fanboys, who cares about them or what they say? unless you're a ps3 fanboy, argo. then it would make sense. though i don't think this is the first time i've called you one

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
There good if the exclusive is on your system.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
name one good reason why.

reminds me of the absolutely retarded ps3 fanboys who started a petition, threatening to boycott devil may cry 4 by not buying it because it was comming out on the 360. what a bunch of nerds.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
now now now we've had this discussion before i think. exclusives aren't good for consumers, full stop. it's only natural for someone to want a game as massive as mgs4 on their system. i for one would love to see metal gear solid 4 on x360 but i'm much too in the know to realize that this will be highly, highly unlikely.

what's it to you anyway? are ya gonna die a little on the inside if by some strange divine intervention this comes out on the 360?

fanboys fanboys, who cares about them or what they say? unless you're a ps3 fanboy, argo. then it would make sense. though i don't think this is the first time i've called you one
I'm not saying I have a problem with it at all. All I did was repeat the arguments I've heard. True, I might have said something else in another post, but that was another post. You really need to learn to address the post you're replying to before you can start pissing on it.

If we have this argument again, it'll be because you were the one who chose to make an issue of it.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
name one good reason why.
Economically and financially there is none i dont think. BUt it being exclusive means i can lol when xbox people cry about not having it, after they all gloated over halo 3.

But i dont realy give a shit, i hardly play ps3 anyway.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I don't think it's a problem that there are server issues at present. This is why it's a beta and not a final code.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I'm not saying I have a problem with it at all. All I did was repeat the arguments I've heard. True, I might have said something else in another post, but that was another post. You really need to learn to address the post you're replying to before you can start pissing on it.
you know i did read your first post and can sum it up with this: "this is a game that i'm really really excited about, the servers can't cope so the the xbox 360 fanboys have tried to use it as an excuse to get it but you know what? they probably won't."

that post before? that made me think you were a fanboy. still kinda think you are one, tbh.
If we have this argument again, it'll be because you were the one who chose to make an issue of it.
hey i reckon i could live with that

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
that post before? that made me think you were a fanboy. still kinda think you are one, tbh.
Fuck you, I know what I was saying. If you want to read it differently, then go ahead. It's your mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)