Messed up Eco Exam (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
Hey guys,

Kinda screwed up my eco trials, got about rank 20. However, thank god its only 15% and as I did well in other assessments previously I should be about rank 10-11 within my school. Usually about 13-14 students typically get band 6's and I'm worried now that my atar won't be high enough to get some kind of scholarship (aiming for an ATAR of about 99.65-99.7) to UNSW. Also, if I went to a uni in the UK for postgrad, how much do they care about your atar compared to university scores?

dasfas

HSC
You answered it yourself, it's 15% - not really the end of the world, plus you still have 50% of your eco mark to go via the HSC. Chill

Scholarships based solely on academics is only for 99.90+. If you want to apply for a more holistic scholarship, then you typically need an ATAR > 95 to be eligible, and the determining factors will be extracurriculars, not marks.

No one gives a damm about your ATAR about 2 weeks after you get into uni. There are very few postgrad courses that look at high school (medicine is an exception as they want to make sure you did prereqs as some point). So the UK university will most likely not ask for your grades from high school.

Luke322

HSC
Yeah cool I don't want to do medicine so cool. I'm just really worried because my parents do put alot of pressure on me to do well and most likely aren't going to be very happy with my marks. Btw what WAM should I aim for to get into a good UK uni?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah cool I don't want to do medicine so cool. I'm just really worried because my parents do put alot of pressure on me to do well and most likely aren't going to be very happy with my marks. Btw what WAM should I aim for to get into a good UK uni?
That would depend on the university you want to attend in the UK. The more reputable the university, the higher the academic background (i.e. WAM) you may be required to demonstrate in order to successfully gain entry. It would also depend on the specific degree that you wish to study at the chosen UK university, with academic requirements generally differing across different degrees. Ideally, your aim should be to achieve a WAM that is as high as possible and reflects the best of your abilities. A distinction WAM (i.e. 75+ average across your units) is likely to be a good start. Hopefully, throughout your time at university, you will be able to put in your utmost effort and determination to achieve a WAM that is superior to the one I've mentioned and closer to a high distinction WAM (i.e. 85+ average across your units), ultimately maximising your competitiveness as a potential student at the UK university of your choice.

dasfas

HSC
Depends on what you mean by good? Cambridge? Oxford? Kings College? LSE? Imperial College? You will need a pretty high WAM, especially if you're an international student.

For a good UK uni, definitely above 75+. If you're getting an ATAR > 99.50, you should be able to maintain a WAM of 80-85+ depending on your course

Luke322

HSC
Depends on what you mean by good? Cambridge? Oxford? Kings College? LSE? Imperial College? You will need a pretty high WAM, especially if you're an international student.

For a good UK uni, definitely above 75+. If you're getting an ATAR > 99.50, you should be able to maintain a WAM of 80-85+ depending on your course
About Imperial College level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)