..messed up about time management.. (1 Viewer)

leannespeaks

HSC
hi guys! i'm a newbie here...i was just wondering if you guys have any problems regarding squeezing your butt in doing homework and studying..
during the week. I tried to make a schedule between homework and studying each day but sometimes i have so much homework to finish and I spend the rest of the day doing homework even though i sleep at 1 in the morning each day
I get more stressed when a lot of people say that you have to study at LEAST 2 hours per subject.each day ( and it doesnt include homework and assesment tasks etc . )

am i the only one here who has a problem about finding time to study
do you have any advices on how i'm gonna solve this mess?

thanks!

HSC
N/A
leannesspeak said:
More effective time-management.
  • Use a timetable, and plan when and where you do what. Prioritize, in addition to this.
  • Do not study in front of the PC, nor in your room, unless you absolutely have to. Science, psychology, and research says thusly.
  • Avoid studying/doing work while unfocused; it's better if you muck around for a while, then come back to study.
  • Divide your hours into portions, e.g. 50 minutes of study to 10 minutes of rest.
  • Take notes, and revise often, not revise a lot in a single go.
  • Do not (try not to) catatrophize - that is, thinking the worst.
  • If you do have a predilection of listening to music when studying, try to keep it down, without many lyrics, and mellow. The genre of "trance" is purportedly to assist people; but then again, it's all about exactly what you listen to. (I personally listen to Classical, whenever I do study with music playing.)
I get more stressed when a lot of people say that you have to study at LEAST 2 hours per subject.each day ( and it doesnt include homework and assesment tasks etc . )
OMG, then we've all failed that infernal HSC. 2 hours is what you truly will need.;)

Good luck.

leannespeaks

HSC
thankS!!! i feel relieved already.
and about that trance music..i'll try to check em out:)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
2 hours for preliminary? hmmm no you have only been at school for what 3 weeks you wouldn't of covered enough to even warrent that much study.

Don't worry about other people and you keep doing what you need to do and how you want to do it.

leannespeaks

HSC
thanks !!!!! i really need to relax.....
so many people are spewing useless crap at me
and about trance music.....i'll try to check em out:)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
2h? That sounds alot :eek:

Firstly, calm down and relax. Re-think your current position. You might try using a better schedule/timetable, fitting in all your things. Prioritise your most important things, and make sure you include the things that you usually do - TV, sport, sleeping, going out etc.

Well, your study time is up to you. Do you prefer cramming or consistency? Decide which one you are, and act upon it. For your homework, try allocating times that you KNOW you will actually do them. Ask your teachers for help. Try doing homework in class, in the library at recess/lunch, in free periods, and any other relevant time. You might actually start your homework late. Why don;t you try it in the afternoon?

Remember, the key to success is BALANCE, EFFORT, and ATTITUDE! :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
leannespeaks said:
i was just wondering if you guys have any problems regarding squeezing your butt in doing homework and studying..
during the week.
That sounded weird.

lacklustre

HSC
leannespeaks said:
hi guys! i'm a newbie here...i was just wondering if you guys have any problems regarding squeezing your butt in doing homework and studying..
during the week. I tried to make a schedule between homework and studying each day but sometimes i have so much homework to finish and I spend the rest of the day doing homework even though i sleep at 1 in the morning each day

am i the only one here who has a problem about finding time to study

thanks!
I'm in the same predicament as you. The only reason it is so, is because I procrastinate a lot of the time. If you do procrastinate, try to get rid of it and you will find you can fit many more things in (not suggesting that you do, but if you do....). :cool:

samerin

HSC
for me 3 hours a day for maximum results....it also depends on how you use your time.......

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Use your diary well, and dont study for the things you dont need. Plan ahead.

Season

HSC
My plan was basically when I got home at night, I gave myself 30 minutes to relax, change, eat and then I just sat down with all my work and kept going til I was finished (stopping every 50 minutes for a 10 min break course). That way it was out of the way for the night, no stress hanging over me, no parentals and it always works, always have enough time too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)