Merom compatible notebook at Computex (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Performance enthusiasts are certainly excited about Conroe.. but being a notebook enthusiast, I'm pretty excited about Intel's notebook brother Merom (Core 2 for laptops) also.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2724

- Based on Intel's Santa Rosa platform.
- Better battery life compared to Core (and here I'am, already pretty happy with Sonoma's battery life).
- New wireless chip codenamed 'Kedron' to replace Core's 3945ABG card; based on the n protocol which is backwards compatible with a/b/g.

Here's something:
Anandtech said:
Robson allows NAND flash memory to be used on the motherboard to cache critical OS system files. As a result, boot times are decreased 4-5 times that over current systems.
Orsum.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
About time. I'm waiting for a Merom/Santa Rosa tablet PC, with 802.11n and a decent G80 GPU.

Or a variation of RD600, not too fussy as it can play games comfortably at good quality (FEAR, AOE3, TES Oblivion etc).

Although my current stand is against getting a tablet that can do everything I want, rather, a light, long life tablet with relatively powerful CPU and a 17" media notebook that does the rest.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
No, there are still several competing formats for n, and there is no clear winner yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)