Mentor available for Extension 2 (Mentoring thread) (1 Viewer)

iH

Oldie
HSC
Mentor available for Extension 2

Hey Guys.

I'm a second Year Writing Student at UTS (B Comm (Writing and Contemporary Cultures), I finished school in the class of 2003). I won't brag about my marks, but i will say I did very well in the HSC for extension 2. I also mentored a short story student to "A range" for last years HSC.

If anyone wants some mentoring about their story/poems please contact me. As i have been majoring in creative writing, i have many ideas and critical opinions i can give you...

I will not be charging for this service as it is good experience for both of us. All I will ask is that you pass on your external mark when you receive it for use in my CV.

Please PM me if you want me to look over your majorwork and provide my comments (guaranteed to be in depth rather than a "yeah, looks good" style comment).

Good luck all of you in the HSC.

<b>IMPORTANT EDIT: I know have my Honours degree in writing, so I may not be mentoring Year 12 '08. If I do, It will be on an individual basis, for a small fee (comparable to tutoring). Best way is to e-mail me at sam AT samuelwebster PERIOD com and I'll let you know if circumstances change.</b>

Last edited:

Khypheneight

HSC
Don't know...

I'm doing poetry for my major work, so I don't think you'd be able to help me... but if you can, I'd really appreciate it... but I would prefer it if we didn't have to do it over this posting thing, I don't really feel confident about my writing, as I'm kind of new to this poetry thing, and so it would be uncomfortable for me to post up parts of my major work...

Thanks for the offer though... is the uni course you're doing good? I want to do a creative writing course at uni as well, the university of wollongong... so yeah...

Thanks...

iH

Oldie
HSC
Actually, i write both poetry and short stories (you'll see this thread in both forums) and i wrote poetry exclusively for my extension 2 in 2003.

PM Me about work, correspondance will occur through e-mail not on the forums.

Dashin_Dan

A place where people and cars and cats live. Whats
HSC
Okay

Umm, yeah. I'm doing a short story and it would be great to have another say.
Haven't really started the story due to that i changed my whole idea a month ago and had to do all the background info again.
I'm planning to do a crime fiction story incorporating some medical facts from The Da Vinci Code such as the gunshot to the gut, and hoping for a clever and elaborate puzzle for the reader to figure out.

Okay, your help would be great. E-mail me if you can on sticks6@gmail.com and we cant talk there.

Thanks again,
Daniel

megzi

i'm doing a short story, and i think the only person who has seen what's there of it is my teacher...okay, i don't like other people reading my writing.
but i need other opinions, so your help would be greatly appreciated :)
please email me: megzi_21388@hotmail.com so i can tell u more about it and stuff.

iH

Oldie
HSC
Like last year, i will be offering mentoring services to HSC '06 students.

Poetry and Short Story ONLY

E-mail/PM me to apply (i cannot take all of you) - please send what have you done so far.

My reputation (based on past students' results) is marks from 44+ - individual student feedback from 05 can be shown on request.

I am an active writer, constantly writing and reading in both poetry and short story format. Over the course of this year i will be editing an anthology of young writers, administrating a writing project involving mobile media (with possible response on government sponsorship), while also focussing on my own writing.

I found last year that i was inundated with responses, and i must ration my time out so that each student gets accurate and indepth feedback on their major work. Last year i spent many hours on each student's work, even meeting students to discuss their work in person.

This is an amazing deal, as I am doing this free of charge. I am a great supporter of Extension II and it's uses for cultivating young writers so I am doing this to further that cultivation.

J

jhakka

Have changed the thread title and moved to the general forum to make this more attractive to other would-be mentors. :)

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
iH said:
Hey Guys.

I'm a second Year Writing Student at UTS (B Comm (Writing and Contemporary Cultures), I finished school in the class of 2003). I won't brag about my marks, but i will say I did very well in the HSC for extension 2. I also mentored a short story student to "A range" for last years HSC.

If anyone wants some mentoring about their story/poems please contact me. As i have been majoring in creative writing, i have many ideas and critical opinions i can give you...

I will not be charging for this service as it is good experience for both of us. All I will ask is that you pass on your external mark when you receive it for use in my CV.

Please PM me if you want me to look over your majorwork and provide my comments (guaranteed to be in depth rather than a "yeah, looks good" style comment).

Good luck all of you in the HSC.

Hey there. I can't say how much I'd appreciate it if you could help me out. I'm the only one in my school doing extension 2 and I don't have a class. Could I email you my ideas sometime? It would be great to hear what you think. Thanks a lot!

J

jhakka

laura_beth said:
Hey there. I can't say how much I'd appreciate it if you could help me out. I'm the only one in my school doing extension 2 and I don't have a class. Could I email you my ideas sometime? It would be great to hear what you think. Thanks a lot!
iH said:
E-mail/PM me to apply (i cannot take all of you) - please send what have you done so far.
I'd just do it, mate. :)

This bloke has posted very few times in the last 12 months. Chances of a reply now are slim. So just do it. :D

iH

Oldie
HSC
just to prove jhakka wrong (even though, technically - he/she is right) - HEY!

:)

i've subscribed to this thread, so i do watch it but it's not exactly a priority of me to follow it religiously - so PM or e-mail :)

If you do not have a class, i would be more than willing to help you out. Feel free to send ideas etc.

P.S. Thanks jhakka for directing them to my mail though :)

J

jhakka

Haha, damn. Foiled again.

As long as the thread serves it purpose, all is good. :)

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
iH was my mentor for ext 2 eng last year when i did poetry as my medium. i ended up getting E4 for that subject. and i credit a large part of that result to him.

all i wanted to say is. he is VERY VERY good. he seriously knows his stuff. you'd be silly not to take him up on his offer.

i honestly thought i would get an E3 but his advice/feedback made all the difference.

iH

Oldie
HSC
mandalay said:
iH was my mentor for ext 2 eng last year when i did poetry as my medium. i ended up getting E4 for that subject. and i credit a large part of that result to him.

all i wanted to say is. he is VERY VERY good. he seriously knows his stuff. you'd be silly not to take him up on his offer.

i honestly thought i would get an E3 but his advice/feedback made all the difference.
Mandalay, Thank you very much for the positive comment/affirmation

To everyone else: I have written references from past 'mentorees'/proteges if anyone is wary of the impact I had on past students (including mandalay herself), i would be willing to show them (privately)

Emph

HSC
Do you know much about Virginia Woolf? If yes.... I NEED YOU

Hey....

I am completing my EE2 major work in the Short Story medium. My chosen topic is the suicide of Virginia Woolf.

What I need is a mentor. I know this may be asking a lot by preferably my mentor needs to have a basic knowledge or appreciation of Virginia Woolf so that we may be able to hold intelligent conversations about my MW with each other.

Anyone interested, then please PM me.

Thanks

HSC
Hey,

This might be a bit late but I can mentor any short story (maybe poetry, too) EE2 students - in person (around the Hornsby/North Shore area preferably) or through email until June and through email from then onwards (I'll be in Europe).

I got 50 for my story and was shortlisted for the showcase. I'd really like some tutoring experience since I want to tutor as a job on the side during uni next year.

PM or email me (shy.miffle@gmail.com) :)

Edit: I won't charge anything, or charge a small amount if I have to travel, if you give me a nice little reference at the end :)

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Sounds interesting jusdorange, may just take you up on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)