Memorising bus. essays (1 Viewer)

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Is anyone going to memorise business essays for the last question, and do you reckon its a good or bad idea to do so?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
huh? Like memorising an english essay?

how on earth would you do that the last question can be totally random!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I do mind maps for the case studies (mngt., fin., glob., emp rel., mkting) so you have all possible info on the syl for a case study, but preparing a response would be too hard and ineffective.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
like memorise an essay dealing with financial mixed with marketing or an essay with global mixed with employment relations or an essay on how to manage a global business

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
theres so many different aspects of each topic. It won't work.

FcUk

Donshe said:
Not the type of essay you can prepare for mate.

I am just going to memorise my syllabus and make sure I can expand on each dot point.

Sufficient

:)
best way to do it as the business syllabus is the most useful syllabus ever

Jessisbored

HSC
you would be completely wasting your time memorising an essay...this subject isnt like english where you can do that sort of stuff. In business there are questions with either right or wrong answers, i agree with whoever said they were learning the syllabus. Thats what im doing and we have to anyway, if they say influnces on a global business, we have each little sub topic of political, legal, financial and social/cultural, i think...just guessing they are the right point. Gosh i hate global,
if we get it in the case study this year like last year (as if that will happen but its possible) ill die in excitment, or rather relief

HSC
there are very high chances that the 2nd extended response won't be on global...i rang the hsc advise line and they said that this year they are trying to steer away from global (just like last year)...so it could basically be on any topic..

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I reckon memorising essays for the extended response isnt too hard. If you look at the '01 and '02 HSC papers you can spot a trend. Though it may be different now since they decided to test the global part in the business report. But if not its all a matter of putting two parts together.

The first is usually something like 'outline/describe the methods/drivers/reasons of global expansion'.
The second part is 'evaluate/critically analyse the marketing/ER strategies used in global business'.

So if you memorise part of an essay for the methods, drivers and reasons for globalisation as well as for the marketing and ER strategies. Then when the question comes up, you just put the two relevant parts together.

I guess you will need to have a good memory to do this, but even memorising the essay as points will work. Well it worked for me in our trial, and i went well :)

With the new format they seem to be adopting it may be harder than that because the question could come from anywhere in the syllabus, not just related to global business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)