Medicine (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Those are the sorts of questions which AREN'T in it. The UMAT exam caters for your intellectual/empathic abilities. The interview is more personal, asking about family, friends, interests, etc.

sandydee

sorry but im going to have to disagree with u there....

The interview for medicine actuall does ask you to define both a scientific and non-scientific term to a layman.

Its true that the examiners test to see what u are like as a person, but they also test ur communication skills to see whether ur competent enough to communicate effectively to all kinds of people.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
UNSW ppl certainly din ask me to explain stuff in 'layman's terms'
Neither. UNSW didn't do that. But other unis do, apparently. From memory I think Adelaide actually has on their website a guide to what you'll be asked in the interview. Friends have been asked to explain technical jargon in layman's terms in other med interviews.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Weisy/Spice Girl: Did either of you have to submit some kind of CV before applying for specifically UNSW?

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
Weisy/Spice Girl: Did either of you have to submit some kind of CV before applying for specifically UNSW?
oh yes...it's just a form that you fill out. It's questions about your life and your ambitions, so it's not that critical to show off in your 'CV', but make sure you keep a copy of what you send off, because they use it to ask you questions in the interview. Make sure you don't write anything that you don't want to talk about...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
What about Newcastle? What kind of questions do they ask? I mean, the only assumed knowlege is 2 Unit Advanced English...

turtle_2468

HSC
Well, alternatively, you could just show off to an immense degree in the CV, and say almost nothing in the interview... then they'll think, "oh, they have both a tough and a soft side! That must mean they can EMPATHISE with everyone! Oh, they'll make such a great sleeper during Dr Head's lectures where he puts on a video and watches himself talk.."
not quite enough ranting. But I'll save some for later

Turtle (also known as Angry Man occasionally)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by turtle_2468

Turtle (also known as Angry Man occasionally)
Without wishing to downplay your temper, you don't even get near to Angry Man :p.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Actually, I think I prefer Dr. Head's head on tape, than Dr. Head's head in person, attached to the rest of him.

Perhaps I have secret subconscious desires to behead Dr. Head. That would be nice.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl

oh yes...it's just a form that you fill out. It's questions about your life and your ambitions, so it's not that critical to show off in your 'CV', but make sure you keep a copy of what you send off, because they use it to ask you questions in the interview. Make sure you don't write anything that you don't want to talk about...
I concur. But my interviewers seemed only to use a few parts of my "CV" as starting points...the rest of the questions they had written out in a standard list that they asked everyone, I think.

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Weisy
Perhaps I have secret subconscious desires to behead Dr. Head. That would be nice.
i actually feel sorry for Dr head. he's just a poor biology academic who's given up trying to yell over all those arrogant med students...

yes, he gets mind blanks, but everyone gets mind blanks. he just has more frequent mind blanks because his brain is myelin-deficient...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)