Medical Science to Medicine Usyd (1 Viewer)

loong21

HSC
Hey so im thinking of doing medical science at Usyd next year, i got an early offer in the e12
But if the chances of me getting into medicine through a transfer are slim, i need to know so i can do another course because i don't really think i want to become a lab rat....... and also how many students normally go through to medicine from medical science per year
anyway thanks guys, and if any of you are doing this or hoping to do this id love to know your experiences too :)

bangladesh

HSC
So firstly, no one can determine your 'chances' because no one here knows how hard you'll work over the next 3 years.

As a general rule, only around 10-15% of medical science students actually manage to get an offer for post graduate medicine but that's not because there's anything wrong with the course. It's just that they don't work hard enough and think they'll magically appear in medschool later on. So your answer is, it's completely up to you. If you study hard and are capable of doing well in gamsat, then you can get in to medschool. If not, then you're not choosing the best degree..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)