MEdical receptionist (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I just found a job for a full time medical receptionist in my local area no experience necessary

The only thing is that it is full time and i am hoping to get into uni.
i hate my current job and think that this would be the best thing for me right now.

Would future employers look down on the fact that i may have only a short time there or would they value that i took up further education???

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Don't go listing them at all in your resume if they want someone to stay full time and you shirk them off after a few weeks. It is very unfair on them and on anyone else who is going for the job as it just means they have to go through the recruitment process again in 6-8 weeks which really is probably not even long enough to train you in the job if it involves technical aspects.

Go ahead and apply if you want the practice but depending how desperate they are they might not hire someone until the middle of January anyway.

I personally wouldn't do it though as it shows some disregard towards an employer which is never a good thing.

elisabeth

HSC
If you apply, be upfront with them that you intent to do uni full time come January. It might put them off, but you'd have given it a shot and nobody could accuse you of being unfair.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Although this is a great opportunity for you, I don't think you should take it if you know you'll be doing full time uni.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
thats the thing.. i dont think i will get the marks so if i apply now it may take them a week or so to get back to me by which time i should have the results and sort of have an idea if i am taking a year off next year or not

Collin

HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
thats the thing.. i dont think i will get the marks so if i apply now it may take them a week or so to get back to me by which time i should have the results and sort of have an idea if i am taking a year off next year or not
Yep, that's what I thought might be the case. If indeed you reckon there's a good prospect that you won't get in, then apply right now.. and simply drop the application in a week's time if you find your results to be good enough to land ya a uni spot. ;)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I think i will do that.
The job ad was for 6 days ago though. Maybe waiting 2 weeks would be too long. I will do it tomorrow

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nooooooo do that right now Katie.. right now! :p

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
its tooo late now
i will write my cover letter which was specified in the ad, then fax it tomorrow

i dont have a fax machine so i have to go to the newsagent or something

Collin

HSC
N/A
Can't you email it? Btw, I've got some professional sample cover letters I could send ya if you aren't good with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)